You can type here any text you want

Valve Cover Breather - Is It Needed?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rayk

Let the Boost begin!
I recently replaced the aftermarket valve cover breather with an original factory oil fill setup without a breather. I now see that the oil fill cap doesn’t have a breather . So, is it important to have a breather on the driver’s side as well as the passenger side? My engine is mostly stock with just basic recipe upgrades.
IMG_3733.jpeg

On a completely stock set up blowby gasses are vented on the PS valve cover at the front and go through a breather and then recirculated to be reburned. Some remove the stock set up and use a push in small breather in the PS rocker.

On a completely stock set up blowby gasses are vented on the PS valve cover at the front and go through a breather and then recirculated to be reburned. Some remove the stock set up and use a push in small breather in the PS rocker.
I do have the push-in breather on the passenger side. Is that enough for the upgrades in my signature?

Back