You can type here any text you want

Bass Blockers??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
I have a question about bass blockers. I used to have them in my 93' Jimmy for the front Alpine 4x6 plates. They worked good but after a while of being played loud they would start to cut out. They were MTX bass blockers.

Now in my Regal I have Eclipse 3 1/2's up front and Eclipse 4x10's in the back. The 3 1/2's sound great but when turned up they jst dont handle the bass. What type of bass blockers would you recommend for the 3 1/2's and possibly the 4x10's? ( they are powered by a Pioneer 45x4 deck) Thanks.

i would x-over the fronts @ 300 or so. the 4x10's @ around 200, if you use just a capacitor (Bass Blocker). I would recommend getting a 12db/octave x-over for both sets of spkrs. Then you could run the from down to around 150 and the 4x10s to 100 or so. You can find pre-made 2nd order x-overs from www.partsexpress.com for less than $20.

neither of those spkrs can handle any form of bass....your best bet would prob be to swap over to some 6x9's so you could get a little lower in the freq range.

thanks

I'll look into the bass blockers you told me about. I dont know man those speakers are brand new, and I'll tell ya those 4x10's sound good especially for 4x10's, I'm not too worried about bass thats what the JL W3 10's are for :-)

Another tip would be to have your tone control settings on flat and at the most + 1 on the bass. Decks with built in power distort horribly when trying to throttle your volume with your tone controls settings above the middle.

hahaha

I couldn't resist, should I list my current eq setings!! sorry just had to throw that in there...

Audiowizard I know what ya mean though, I'll get this system set up right. I know I should have put in 6x9's and 6.5 up front, but I didnt want to mess with kick panels. The 3.5 sound good, you just gotta watch the bass going to them. the 4x10's are suprisingly good, I'm going to be doing sound deadening, would you guys suggest the spray or the mat?? It would be the whole car, the interior is getting gutted anyway.. Thanks...

Re: hahaha

Originally posted by Yedi
I couldn't resist, should I list my current eq setings!! sorry just had to throw that in there...

Thanks for the giggle dude, I really needed a good laugh though :D .

Spray or mat?

Either. Now that I think about it, I would of rather just sprayed mine, but I already had the Brown Bread (plus now my car is on their website, :D ). For around $200 for 5 gallons and then $50 for the gun, thats not bad. I imagine 5 gallons would do everything in your car with ease.....maybe too much. The Spray will be a lot more messy and require prep work whereas the mat just requires striping the interior out.

Up to you really, as far as how good each are, they are about the same, just adding mass to the sheetmetal.

Back