You can type here any text you want

Batteries?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
What battery are you running?

I am running 2 amps, 1 is 800w, the other is 400w. My battery, I believe is an Allstate 840ca. My battery is dead if the car sits for a week or so. My Dads classic car can sit all winter and it starts right up. I've checked everything I can, no lights are staying on, the only thing on is my led to my alarm. This is the second battery in a row that dies in a few days. The other had a bad cell. I'm looking at the Optima batteries as well as other beefy car audio batteries. There are so many.

If it's not the battery then the only other thing I can think of replacing is the positive and negative battery cables.

I have an optima and its holding well..If you battery is dies in a week then there is a a battery drain somewhere in the car..

Agreed - It will die after awhile though. You have to remember, ther is still an ECM and an alarm on your car, These can drain a battery even in a week.

A different battery will not change anything (unless you have a bad battery) -

FWIW - I personally don't care for the optimas. Lead acids are the way to go in a car.

dead battery?

An alarm doesnt actually pull any current when armed, other than the LED. but you have to consider that the LED is a 3 volt light emiting diode, meaning that it should literally take years for it to kill your battery. if you have fuses under the hood for your amp power wire, (and you really should if you dont), pull the fuse, or flip the breaker, whatever it is that your running, and throw a multimeter on it with the hood propped up. check on it periodically to see if your voltage has changed. its normal for voltage to drop 1 or 1.5 volts after about 10 minutes after shutting off the car. also, have you considered maybe a bad fan relay or delay relay? that could cause your fans to run in the middle of the night, or whenever they want. that could kill your battery easily. as for car audio batteries, they are a waste of money, your alternator powers everything in your electrical system while the cars running, the battery literally does nothing but start the car and filter the A/C voltage ripple coming from the alternator while its turning. as long as your total amp draw while the car is running does not exceed 120% of your amps output, your in the green, or greenish yellow. anything higher than that and your burning up diodes in your alternator.

Back