You can type here any text you want

Battery Cables - anyone need some?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hardway

Since I am having my engine rebuilt I opted to convert my battery cables over to top post. Everytime I tried to do something with the side posts my tools would arc against the heat blanket. I had some custom battery cables made using my old one as a model. The guy that made it is an car audio wizard and can pretty much build anytime of cable from scratch. Now it does not look like an original cable but functions just the same and has replaceable inline fuse blocks instead of fuseable links. With the correct wire and side post connector I am sure he could make one that looked almost stock. Mine is just to get the job done. The blue wire is all he had on hand and since it was going to be wrapped in loom anyway I did not care. I picked up a 48in universal negative top post cable at the auto parts store, nothing fancy. Post your thoughts and requests and I will see what I can do if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• battcable01.jpg
    battcable01.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 122
The positive cable's fuseable link leads were broken off and the whole thing was stiff as a limb so its gone. I still have the negative cable, its very dirty. What will you give me for it?

Back