battery cut off switch

1000MileStylez

Black Sheep
i just got the flamming river battery cut off kit, and it says in the instructions that by nhra standards the "push off sticker" needs to be there. is this true? the sticker i got is black lettering and just my luck i painted my car black:rolleyes: do i need this sticker?

I have the FR HD switch & made my own sticker about 1"x 2" stuck right onto my custom mounting bracket. (not on car itself) As long as they can read it they are happy.

Not for T&T really. They mentioned it one time after many visits. I put the sticker on & hand printed it. I was sorta being watched with no cage & warned to slow down to 11.50 so I didnt want to upset anyone. Otherwise it wasnt a real big deal for T&T days.

yes and um no :wink:

i didnt think a sticker could be such a problem. i really dont want anything permanant

Ill trade you a nice rusty metal bumper for your glass one so you have something to stick it to haha;)

if i do that im going to have to mold the magnet it the back with fiberglass, magnets dont like any type of glue. would work though

Couldn't you just use masking tape and write it on there and then peel it off? I have seen lots of cars at the track with this. I know that doesn't mean it's legal but i can't imagine officals at any of the 3 tracks i frequent haveing much to say. Mine is writen directly on the paint of the car!!!

well if anyone knows off hand how the techs are at englishtown and lebanon valley then i just might do that

i just got the flamming river battery cut off kit, and it says in the instructions that by nhra standards the "push off sticker" needs to be there. is this true? the sticker i got is black lettering and just my luck i painted my car black:rolleyes: do i need this sticker?

You need one to pass tech.

if i do that im going to have to mold the magnet it the back with fiberglass, magnets dont like any type of glue. would work though

Use a pair of rare earth magnets and they will stick together through the fiberglass and hold each other in place. Maybe something like the BX082 at Strong Neodymium Magnets Rare Earth K&J Magnetics I've not bought these but I've bought several others from them and they are great to deal with.

Take a non-permanent marker and write push off on the backup lens. It doesn't state in the rule book it has to be a sticker.

Perhaps a piece of masking tape with writing on it. It would look gay but it would get you through tech then you could peel it off.

I have paased tech many times with the not so permanent tape/marker trick. Just peel it off when it is time to go home.

problem solved, im getting a little plate made up by the trophy place next to my work, its a business card sized black plate with white engraved lettering im going to use some velcro or double stick tape