You can type here any text you want

Battery disconnect ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Johnnie

I plan on "mothballing" my '87 stock GN this winter, probably lasting from mid November through late March . Would it hurt anything if I disconnected the battery other than having to reset the time on the clock ? I am also doing the standard things like car cover. changing the oil ( synthetic with zinc additive) ,all filters, and adding fuel stabilizer and putting her up on jack stands . Anything else I should do? The garage is unheated.

When I was in Gulfport Mississippi, I visited "Busted Wrench" garage muscle and classic car museum. They had a documented LS 6 SS chevelle convertible with a battery disconnect switch on the positive battery terminal. Has anyone ever seen one of these switches.

Wont hurt a thing disconnecting the battery for that amount of time.

It's not OBD II, so no monitors to wait for to come back online. I leave my 9,800 mi GN unplugged til I start it up to keep its seals fresh. Or you can install a battery tender in minutes. Unlike a trickle charger, it only kicks on when the charge level of the battery drops to an undesirable level.

Back