You can type here any text you want

beat an 04 cobra with a RS 5spd eclipse all motor.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well i was cruizing in my new daily driver since the gn is getting alot of miles on it. decided to hit the twisties...

btw before you call bs.. i should probaly list the mods eh? i have 200/200 cam's High comp. pistons and forged rods... and a forged crank. The motor is stroked.. to a 2.4L set up. I/H/E no cat (sounds like ass). Ralliart Intake manifold and a 66mm throttlebody. MSD Ignition coil packs and distrubitor. Denso spark plugs gapped to .35. Got this neat lil set up from a poor boy who wrecked his car and was parting it out. got it for 1500 bucks. Not bad eh?

the car is gutted except 2 lightweight sparco seats. (350 from the same kids car) Car weighed in at 2926lbs w/driver (before). 2782 w/driver (after w/full tank) weight savings of 144lbs of weight. the car weighs a mear 2436lbs dry. the kid who had it dyno'd showed me his sheet.. 217hp and 192lbs t/q (not wheel hp) i can beat up on teh turbo cars now! (stock GST-GSX) it sucks.. im pretty much almost fully built and i can barly keep up (not beat)with a stock mustang GT's.. still cant beat an srt-4.. or a stock gn... i took it to gateway international raceway and ran a best of

14.58 @ 94.683mph i guess its not bad heh. still not as fast as i wish it would be... 60ft was a 2.2sec.... sucks... 1/8th mile was a 9.3 @ 76mph (*note* these were my best times ever)

The car is also lowerd on full tein suspension. 2.5" in the front. and 2" in the back. Also has DC sports Strut bars (front and rear).
16" stock wheels from a 97 GS wraped in azenis's (215/55/R16).

Now onto the kill...

I made a right turn off main street onto pine street.. to get on route N. this "mustang" has been following me ever since i left burger king. so i decide to see if he is following me or not.. so i head out to the old abondoned road. known as route N, lots of people go there on the weekends to run the road for time trials.

So im on my way. the mustang gets on my ass. and i see the Snake in his grilie.. i think "Uh-oh ****, im gonna get embarrassd"

I hit it and take off a few feet.. then he hits it.. Nearly RUNS into me!!! i see his front end dip down as he hits the brakes.. i knew i was no match in the straight for him... first turn.. a easy left.. i put a car or 2 on him thru the turn. straight comes.. he catches back up... turn 2... this was a hard left, right, left, right chicane. i easily put 7-10 cars on him... thru those turns..

Straight away! im doing 125mph and he comes back up on me and rides my ass... i think.. "Hes not gonna pass me is he?" cause there was a turn comming up... sure enough he goes to pass.. sees the turn backs off... and gets back behind me... back thru the turns i put quite a few more cars on him.. i know this road.... next is a fairly difficult series of turns.... as we go thru the turns i notice the cobra falling back rapidly. At one point i was sure he wrecked it because i could not see him.. after the turns is a 3/4th mile long straight. I check my rear view.. "DAMN!!! The Cobra is here!"

I see his lights on... and hes gaining rapidly... as i aproach 140mph. hes already back on my ass...

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He flys past me like im sitting still."

Hes gaining on me... my only chance is the twisties comming up ahead... i see his brake lights.. and i come up on him VERY hard... closing the gap... entering the turns...

He did pretty good thru the first 2 turns.. but he slowed downtoo much during the left- fake right turn that was comming up.

Now was my chance! a quick blip of the brake, downshift. and all throttle.. my engine screamed.. 7800rpm in 2nd gear holding steady at 70mph... PASS! score!! i got back in front of the cobra.

I checked my mirror he was still there! more turns... I was thinking to myself.. yes.. i have him... its all turns from here... on out.. to benton..

I gave it everything i had... the cobra fell back horrably.... final few turns and then the last striaght to the finish line "benton refueling station".. by the time i got to the Gas station.. i checked my watch... 45 seconds went by before i saw the cobra agian.

He pulled into the gas station beside me with a smile on his face.

He got out and introduced himself. I did the same. He said yeah i was doing alright til those last few turns.. i lost total sight of you. so i gave up.

I responded. heh yeah its a beast in the turns... but you so had me on the straights. he said Yea heh, he told me about how he had just gotten the car 3wks ago. and was still learning how to drive it in the turns.

I asked why he wanted to use it in the turns? Why not the track. he had exhaust intake headers,. pulleys and something else... solid 11sec car on slicks.. (he was equiped with DR's and skinny front tires).

I showed him my engine and he told me "Nice job on the work"

but i said "All i did was drop it in, i bought it from an old boy who wrecked his GS" he said "well its still nice" i said thanks. and he said he had to go.

After refueling we parted ways.

Cool guy he really was, finialy a mustang owner thats not a ****! :D

Sorry for the long story... this was one of the funnest things ive done in a while. If you were there you would know why heh.

- Cody

Good story Cody. I thought it was going to be one of those "I've got a stock TR with a chip and race gas so I beat up an '04 Cobra without even getting into the boost" kind of stories.

I enjoyed it. Good kill in the twisties (of course, it was a different story in the straights as you said) but still, good kill.

ty raven it was fun as hell.. man lol every time i pulled Away from him on the turns he caught back up on the straights! i was like DAMMIT! dam supercharger! damn v8! dam RWD! dam cobra!

lol

-cody

Back