You can type here any text you want

Beat my own LS1 with my GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
My buddy was driving my 2001 Camaro Z28 A4 3:23(33K). It has 3" exh, crank/alt underdrive pullies, K&N, MTI lid, 160* stat, 8.8 wires. ported MAF, smotth bellows, modified TB, all LS1 "Free Mods" BFG KDW's and some other misc stuff. I got it 10mph punch, 30mph, and 40mph. We pulled up through 130 (Z28 speedo goes to 155) and I still had it by 1/2 car length and the GN was still pulling. We would have went from a dead stop but I cant get ANY traction whatsoever. It just wont stop spinning the damn tires. I am saving now for ATR swaybar, Welds and some BFG drag radials. Hopiing for 12.9xx's with those parts.

Interesting. I have not seen ANY stock LS1 cars run the ultra low 13 or high 12 seconds that some claim. My neighbors LS1 had a y pipe/cat back/lid and ported MAF and he's still not in the 12's.

Best I've seen at the track is 13.5 ish from the stock LS1's

I was at the track Fri. and there was a dude I was talking to running 13.00's all night and it was DEAD stock automatic.

Originally posted by tracy
Hmm.... my friends '03 Z06 is only running a mid 12

Driver, track, and elevation play a big role, but many have been very low 12s in the '02+ Z06. A few have went 11.90s.

the 98 WS^ Formula ran a 12.9 off the showroom floor, it was listed as 1 of the top 10 fastest cars.

I don't mean to be skeptical, but I just have never physically seen any of these cars run the times some people claim. Furthermore, I don't recall seeing any road tests of the cars performing that well and those typically are well prepped cars driven by professional drivers.

Strange

cool man, how much boost were you running? LS1s are pretty strong on the topend, usually they will get by a stock turboed car on pump gas by 90 or so, just depends on the launch and mods on the ls1. Nice to see you have yours running that well. I used to slightly pull ls1s when i didn't have much done, and most people wouldn't believe me lol. i get to go play with my sisters 00 Z auto 3.23 car and usually she will get past our 150,000 mile 86 GN (exhaust, chip cold air and fuel mods with 16 psi) by 75 or so

I have a family members that own LS1 cars ,and my cousins WS6 went 13.20's the first day he bought it. I could not believe that car went that fast ,and my little brother's SS went 13.30 on a drag radial

Interesting. I have not seen ANY stock LS1 cars run the ultra low 13 or high 12 seconds that some claim. My neighbors LS1 had a y pipe/cat back/lid and ported MAF and he's still not in the 12's.

Best I've seen at the track is 13.5 ish from the stock LS1's

Originally posted by JDSfastGN
cool man, how much boost were you running? LS1s are pretty strong on the topend, usually they will get by a stock turboed car on pump gas by 90 or so, just depends on the launch and mods on the ls1. Nice to see you have yours running that well. I used to slightly pull ls1s when i didn't have much done, and most people wouldn't believe me lol. i get to go play with my sisters 00 Z auto 3.23 car and usually she will get past our 150,000 mile 86 GN (exhaust, chip cold air and fuel mods with 16 psi) by 75 or so

Well it was the first time I had put some fuel in it. Earlier in the day I added 4 gl of 116 to 4 gallons of 93 then in the afternoon I added 5 gl of 110. I never did the maath for the octane that made but it was pretty decent I supppose. I also had recently doen the adj wastegate which was the reason for the run and the gas. I had the turbo at 21psi. I also had my Pit Bull Race chip in and not my Thrasher 92

I don't mean to be skeptical, but I just have never physically seen any of these cars run the times some people claim. Furthermore, I don't recall seeing any road tests of the cars performing that well and those typically are well prepped cars driven by professional drivers.

Strange

I wouldn't suggest reading too much into magazine tests. The list of bass-ackwards drag strip results from magazines such as R&T, MT, Hot Rod, etc. is a mile long. I have personally seen a Z06 go 12.1x and 12.2x, and I have personally seen LS1 F-bodies go 13.0s. Results may very, and the LS1 F-bodies are know to have very broad quality control.

And ws6... congrats on two great cars. Sounds like your Buick is running well! :cool:

thanks, I think after I sell it, gone this weekend it will be, nad after I get the Buick where I want it. I will get a 01-02 WS6 T/A 6 spd car. I got this one in auto becasue I wanted the wife to be able to drive it and she doesnt anyway. So I may as well get one I want.

I used to have a 98Z28 6 speed car with a few mods on it..however when I first got it, it was bone stock with only a lid on it..the next day after my 12 hour long drive home in my new toy, was the national fbody meet in Memphis, stock, owning the car for 1 day, I was able to get 13.65 AT 107mph! , after owning the car for maybe a year, I never actually had it to the track again, but I ran an older model Viper on the hwy and from 30 to 115 he only put 1.5 cars on me!! I really want to build a LS1 car with a turbo, I think that would be the ultimate combo!

Here's the car the day after I bought it, we even had an Eibach Pro kit on it which does nothing for traction, and I was running street tires, man I miss that car. One day for the heck of it, we put some 16's on it and it would light the tires pretty well at 45 mph!

http://hammerheadracing.cz28.com/images/myzinmemphis2.jpg

...and here's the car by the time I was done with it, it was easily a 12.50 car

http://hammerheadracing.cz28.com/images/mycamaro.jpg

Back