You can type here any text you want

Best Exhaust gaskets?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS/GN

What is the best exhaust manifold gasket for stock manifolds?What about no gaskets and just gold silicone?Thanks for the input.

i know RJC is selling some multiple layer gaskets that look pretty good, but you cant go wrong with high temp silicone thats what i use:rolleyes:

Every Turbo Buick header I've pulled off, goes back together WITHOUT gaskets. I just goop it up with orange RTV and bolt it back on.

I've NEVER had one leak since doing this. NEVER. :cool:

header gaskets

i used persys from autozone they are reusable and leakproof.so far they are great and i run 25psi boost all time,thry are alluminum crush fit type and fit alluminum gn1s ports to a t.

anything copper

Copper gaskets can leak too. The only sure solution is to eliminate gaskets altogether. It's the only thing that's worked for me 100% of the time. :cool:

gasketssuck.jpg

i used persys from autozone they are reusable and leakproof.so far they are great and i run 25psi boost all time,thry are alluminum crush fit type and fit alluminum gn1s ports to a t.

Richard, What's the pt# on that gasket, I'd like to check them out....

I could never get coppers to seal until I annealed them. And tightened them twice after heat cycles.

Aluminums I had to constantly tighten, when I thought they were good I blew em out.

copper goop don't hold for me either. It turned it to dust and leaks.

Tellin ya, 1400's.

x2 on the felpro 1400's. cant go wrong with them. i've been using them for years and never had a leak.

Back