You can type here any text you want

Best fuel injector cleaner

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

Hey guys,

My 96 Century is getting really sluggish at 44K. Runs fine at idle but is a dog when opened up. I was thinking of cleaning the fuel injectors first and was wondering what is the most powerful OTC stuff I can get that works!

Hopefully I did not post this question in the wrong section!

Wouldn't hesitate to use seafoam in the tank over a fill up or two then change fuel filter.

The only real way to clean them is to take them off and send them to Chuck.

If you want to experiment with some stuff you dump in the tank, run it down to about 3 gallons... then get some xylene and a new fuel filter.

Dump the pain thinner in the tank and drive it until it's time to fill up again. Then replace the fuel filter. Any varnish or shellack in the tank or the lines will end up in your filter.

The injectors MIGHT work a little bitter but they will not be 100%.

As Earl said, take them out and send them to Chuck. To clean the tank you can fill the the tank with up to a 30% mix of E-85 and it'll clean the crap out of the tank, lines, but might send some of the trash directly into the injectors I just depends on how clean your system is now as to what might happen when you use a "cleaner".

Have you tried cleaning the maf, iat, map and check the plugs? Being a low mile 96 it could just be dirty sensors and such. If it's normally driven easy there could be a build-up of funk on the pistons, valves, and combustion chambers. Sea foam would help with that, preferably through the brake booster line.

Find a shop with a motor-vac machine and have them clean them on the car.
Thats the best your going to find without taking them out.I would send them out when you replace the lower intake gasket unless its already been done. You can try dumping some chevron techron in the tank and see if that helps.Get the one that treats 20 gallons

Back