You can type here any text you want

Best place for boost gauge and piller mount?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jasons kwik 6

I am wanting to buy a boostr gauge and a pillar to mount them on.(2 pod) Where is a good place to get them? Thanks

Jason: if you end up with a pillar mount that requires you to cut a hole in it to install your gage / gages, you can still get a new "A" pillar trim piece from G.M. That way you wont be trashing the original piece in case you want to put the car back to stock. I bought a new one (to save the original) because I could not find a complete a pillar trim with the gage pods molded in it. Maybe they are made now ??? If you need the part number let me know. Turbota

Thanks TurboTA! Id like to have the part number because I sure dont want to cut up my original one. i just bought a single pod so I would say that I will have to cut it.

Look here:

http://www.gaugepods.com/
goto products then camaro/firebird

Many people have had comments over time about the product for the 3rd gen f-body. Some love it, some hate it. I have it and like it, but there could be a couple of improvments. For the most part it needs to be a little thicker so that it would be a little more ridged. You end up with a slight bow in the edges so that, if you looked close enough to notice, there is a slight difference in the gap where it meets the A-pilar half way up. I tooks some of that self stick weather strip used for windows and doors and ran a piece up the inside of the edges. When you screw it to the A-pilar it draws up enough to hide most of the bow in mine then the black weather strip "shadows" out the rest of the space.

Other than that I had to make some adjustments at the top of the A-pilar. The factory a-pilar cover has a little hook shape at the top that wraps around the headliner board. This setup does not. Mine was also cast a little long so I had to trim mine flush with the headliner. Also, the plastic gromet at the top of the a-pilar that receives the pin from the t-top would not fit in the hole provided. I had to reshape the hole, in the new pilar, with a file.

Other than those issues it looks great once it is in, you just have to work with it a little. I paid the $5 and got one in the satin finish. Held side by side with the stocker and you see some difference. In the car and looking drivers to pass side you are hard pressed to tell the difference. My car has HEAVILY tinted windows so I am sure that helps. The upside is you do not disturb the factory part should you want to keep it. You also do not end up with one of those "stick on" mounts. I never liked how they looked.

If you want some detailed pics drop me an e-mail.

BTW, when you put what ever in your car remove the dash pad. It is just a handful of screws and it opend up a huge hole in the corner of the dash that makes running wires a snap.

Brent
brent@brentg.net

Is he not making the 3 pod one anylonger? When I ordered, over a year ago, there was ony a 2 as there is now. I would have liked to have had the 3.

Brent

Jason: I will assume you have a lowly T-Top car like mine. Not one of the BIG BUCK steel top ones like the guys with ALL the money have. If so the part number is 10193480, and is currently available from Mother Motors. If YOU are one of those BIG BUCK guys let me know and I will dig out my trusty parts book, and get you that number also, no problem. Turbota.
P.S. Good choice not to screw up your original one .......

Back