Best place to buy a rebuild kit

kosonen04

JustA6
Hey everyone im looking at pulling my engine and i want to do .30 over a better cam with a lope at idel and just upgrade some of the parts that need to be. were sould i buy everything? looking at upgradeing the oil pump pistions to like J&E cam like i said, im going to send the turbo for the upgrade, i might do the total seal rings, any help would be great. Thanks guys

Putting a cam big enough to lope will hurt you unless you're extensively modded and even then isn't really needed. If you decide to go with a big cam, you need everything to flow well to take advantage. I would start with a set of GN1 heads to match the cam.

Total Seal rings are great. JE or SRP pistons with the light pins. Melling makes a great high volume oil pump or you can get the TA front cover that's already cast for and comes with the big gears. Oil control front cam bearing is a good idea. I always smooth the valley area of the block, remove casting flash from the crank, and polish the rods with a dremel. Also might want to run a double roller timing chain. You might have to get a shorter one if the block needs an align bore which it probably doesn't.