You can type here any text you want

Best STREETABLE Turbo/Converter for Future 10.5 build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G NASTY

I want to upgrade my turbo to a TE-44 but after research I'm learning the stock Converter will work with the 44 but really not spool right or show much improvement. The motor plans are a 99% street driven 10.5 car. Right now I'm just upgrading basics and have a spare 109 block that will be stroked/girdled in the next 10-14 months. I don't want to have to keep buying parts for a stock setup and replacing them if I don't have to. What are my best options. Will be using the new turbo/converter setup with alky for now with about 21lbs of boost. Also what will have the best street manners?

TE-44 sized turbo (think about going with a new billet wheel) with 3000 stall lockup converter on a stroker would be instant spool and perfect. I ran a 3000 stall and TE44 on a 235 inch and it was fun.

Go to Bowling Green and watch 9.90-9.70 car. Buy his motor trans and ECU. Done! Other than that, a Q-trim turbo 66mm or larger should be on your parts list. I'd do a 70 gtq or hpq. The billet stuff has yet to prove anything to me other that the 71 used by tsm guys.

6262dbb with a billet wheel here and I ran 10.76 on a 100% stock longblock full weight all options working car... on a 255 tire. My car drives like stock around town.100% all about the tune. I have seen cars with 10x the work and mad built engines and they can't break into the 10's to save there life. 21psi is not going to do 10.50 without heads/ cam all the sheet with the 44. However get up in the 26 +psi range and your money. If it were me I would skip the 44 unless you want a solid 11.30 ish car. need to do it cheep look at a old 60/61 hell they were well into the 10's 15 years ago

I would definatly look at an older 61mm

Gn4u2c...u went that fast with a 6262? That's awseome man. Hopefully I can get to 11.20 at 118 with ur old car after a new razors kit and new valve spring then:wink:

Back