You can type here any text you want

Best valve guides?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Power

I am going to be running a set of Champion GN1 heads, the guides are loose (especially the exhaust). What are the best guides for turbo cars, and what does the exhaust guide material especially need to be? I am going to use the valves from the Champion heads.

I am going to be running a set of Champion GN1 heads, the guides are loose (especially the exhaust). What are the best guides for turbo cars, and what does the exhaust guide material especially need to be? I am going to use the valves from the Champion heads.

I got mine from Champion when i had the heads redone.

I got mine from Champion when i had the heads redone.

Thanks. Any idea what material they were? Mine have some of those K-Line type guides in them now, but they didn't last very long before getting sloppy. I am thinking about having cast iron guides used this time. Anyone gone with those? They worked in the factory heads ok :D

Cast iron guides properly honed to fit, and cleaned VERY well with solvent and correct brush, should last a long time. Also check your valvetrain geometry CAREFULLY as it can wipe any guide out in short order.

Also check your valvetrain geometry CAREFULLY as it can wipe any guide out in short order.

Ken, if using stock rockers is there anything to this other than making sure the rocker is centered on the valve tip? Just wondering how you check a stock rocker setup to make sure it is correct. Thanks.

Back