You can type here any text you want

Best way to lower the GN?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboNoong

So, my question is how to lower the car? The right way? I was looking for about 1 1/2 to 2" drop. I have already bought the BELLTECH lowering spindles for the front but nothing for the back yet. Should I get the front and rear springs or just the rear and if yes which springs? Thanks guys for you help.

Noong

Frank has the dropped spindles as well, so he should have some advice for ya.

I like the Moog springs because their cheap and available quickly thru Summit Racing. It takes some research to figure out the right springs.

I went with Moog CC651 rears and 5660 fronts. Had to cut 1/2 a coil off the fronts to get the nice rake look I wanted. Resulting ride height from the ground to the wheel well apex is 25-3/4" front, 26-3/4" rear. I think original stock height was near 26.5" but after 17 years the springs most likely are sagging.

Here's some helpful ref info:
http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm
http://www.monte-list.nu/tech/springs.shtml

It is in Colorado as of today and will be here on or before the 21st. I just hope it doesn't end up like yours did on its way. Late!

If Frank keeps posting like he has been, haha, his numbers might start to go backwards ;) He even posted something to me, and I rarely get anyone talking to me in here. LOL

I'll never get an avatar at the rate that I'm going.. LOL :rolleyes:

Originally posted by turbov6truck
If Frank keeps posting like he has been, haha, his numbers might start to go backwards ;) He even posted something to me, and I rarely get anyone talking to me in here. LOL

I'll never get an avatar at the rate that I'm going.. LOL :rolleyes:

Wanda,

It's always a pleasure to have you post here. Did you once tell me that your the Prez of the local chapter for the SyTy club?

If so we should think about merging a get together with the TR and the SyTy group. What do you think?

Frank

Frank,
Nope, I'm not the "Prez" LOL. The last time we got together was a year ago in December in Bellevue, and it was only for dinner, we didnt bring our trucks.
We really don't have much of a group anymore. We might talk from time to time on the SyTy bulletin board, but thats all. We have no get togethers, no one responds to emails anymore, I never hear from anyone in the group.. Its pretty much toast at this point.
Actually you kinda have three of us already, LOL.. Dennis, Randy and me.. :)

So Frank,
I'm going to run it by NWSTP and see how many are interested in a get together. I know I am. :D
I will get a count if I can, and then we can find a place and time for it. With the weather being so unpredictable, I hope we can find a good day for it.
Does Burgermaster sound okay, or ????
Maybe on a Saturday night or ???
Lemme know..

Originally posted by turbov6truck
So Frank,
I'm going to run it by NWSTP and see how many are interested in a get together. I know I am. :D
I will get a count if I can, and then we can find a place and time for it. With the weather being so unpredictable, I hope we can find a good day for it.
Does Burgermaster sound okay, or ????
Maybe on a Saturday night or ???
Lemme know..

Wanda,

I'm flexable, with the amount of activity between both groups being next to none... at least this is something. Let me know...

Thanks
Frank

Back