BFG g-force drag radials

look quick,my friends car is a 9 sec ride,he didnot elaborate on the 60ft but commented on the fact he went 1 tenth better then the mt and felt the tire bit harder.i would be a little concerned with the contact patch on the smaller radial. its such a pain in the neck,buick didn't give us enough room and the tire companies won't make the tire we all want:biggrin:

Sounds like the Hoosiers were an improvement over the MT for your friend. He has a quick car. :smile: I am just concerned with the section width because I think the max I can go is 11.2.

You are correct on not having enough wheel well room or the ideal tire size.

Thanks for the responses.

Guess I'm a little brain dead today. Other than pics @ Summit Racing, I haven't seen any on a GN. I have been using M&H Racemaster bias for quite a few years, and am looling to try radials. Seems we're all waiting on M/T's, so I might be looking for an alternative also.

325-50-15 on an 8 inch rim=10.5 inch contact patch.11.41-11.50@118.60-119.48mph full weight.

Would you have any pics of them on the car? Do you need to run air in the bags to keep them from hitting? Thank you, Brian

Would you have any pics of them on the car? Do you need to run air in the bags to keep them from hitting? Thank you, Brian

I have air bags on my 87 T with BFG Drag Radials.The tire is 28 Inches tall and I think 10 inches wide.A couple of times when running the taller tire on the street the tire hit the quarter panel probably when I hit some bumps.I need new tires now but I am not sure I want the 28 Inch tall tire because that is what caused my problem.The tire's had a few minor cuts made into them from the quarter panel.Also the car doesn't handle as well on the street with the 28's.

I have air bags on my 87 T with BFG Drag Radials.The tire is 28 Inches tall and I think 10 inches wide.A couple of times when running the taller tire on the street the tire hit the quarter panel probably when I hit some bumps.I need new tires now but I am not sure I want the 28 Inch tall tire because that is what caused my problem.The tire's had a few minor cuts made into them from the quarter panel.Also the car doesn't handle as well on the street with the 28's.

Were you using 10" rims? What backspacing?

Were you using 10" rims? What backspacing?

No The wheels are from Weld draglites and they are 15x8 or maybe 15x8 1/2.I know they are the right backspacing because I asked a couple of experts on that backspacing question.If it were a 26 Inch tall tire there would be no problems.The problem I have is that I have 3.73 Gear's and with a 26 inch tall tire on the street I doubt I would be able to get good traction unless I did a burnout.What happened is that I lost air from the air bags and didn't notice it until I looked at the tires a couple of weeks after that with some minor slash marks in them.Also it pushed the left rear quarter panel out just a bit but that was an easy fix.I don't know if I want to risk putting the same tires on,except this time the BFG G-force series instead of the old BFG drag radials.I don't see many guys in street driven Turbo Buick's cruising on the 28 Inch tires.I know traction is better with the taller tire and I barely have to do a burnout to get traction with the 28's.

No The wheels are from Weld draglites and they are 15x8 or maybe 15x8 1/2.I know they are the right backspacing because I asked a couple of experts on that backspacing question.If it were a 26 Inch tall tire there would be no problems.The problem I have is that I have 3.73 Gear's and with a 26 inch tall tire on the street I doubt I would be able to get good traction unless I did a burnout.What happened is that I lost air from the air bags and didn't notice it until I looked at the tires a couple of weeks after that with some minor slash marks in them.Also it pushed the left rear quarter panel out just a bit but that was an easy fix.I don't know if I want to risk putting the same tires on,except this time the BFG G-force series instead of the old BFG drag radials.I don't see many guys in street driven Turbo Buick's cruising on the 28 Inch tires.I know traction is better with the taller tire and I barely have to do a burnout to get traction with the 28's.

What does it say on the sidewall of the tire? P325/50-15 ( this would have a 10.5" tread width, and be 27.9" tall )

What does it say on the sidewall of the tire? P325/50-15 ( this would have a 10.5" tread width, and be 27.9" tall )

Its a 275/50 or 60-15 so maybe the tread width is more like 8.8. I know I have to get the car up higher with my current BFG's.I just don't want to mess the next tires I get for it.The G Force BFG's look like a nice tire.I have the old BFG drag radials which were pretty good but don't pass inspection.I also like the Nitto's but I don't think they have the right size tire's.I think the car rides rough with the air bags or maybe its because I have the original shocks still on it.Just feels stiff especially when I hit bumps.

Most likely it is a 275/60-15. That would be 28" tall. Alot of guys say they run this on a 8" wheel with no rubbing. This is the size I'm looking at, but I won't tolerate hitting. Guess I'll have to do more research before switching my combo. I run 295/50-15 M&H Racemasters on a 10" (4.5" backspace) Draglite with absolutely no fender rubbing.

Most likely it is a 275/60-15. That would be 28" tall. Alot of guys say they run this on a 8" wheel with no rubbing. This is the size I'm looking at, but I won't tolerate hitting. Guess I'll have to do more research before switching my combo. I run 295/50-15 M&H Racemasters on a 10" (4.5" backspace) Draglite with absolutely no fender rubbing.

I run a bfg dr 275/60r15 on a 15x8 drag light with no rubbing issues. I never had an issues as of yet launching the car, but I'm still learning to get enough boost up to get a good launch. In fact over the winter I added a few mods including a 3200 PTC converter to help me along. :p I think this year will be the true test for the BFG's, at least for me.

Yeah thats what I got.My problem is when driving the car on the streets.Without the air bags I would have major rubbing against the quarter panels.Im pretty sure it is the 275/60-15 BFG' Drag radials.I believe I have the draglites 15x8 with the 3.5 inch back spacing.I wonder why I have this problem.I want to make sure also when I buy new tires for it that no rubbing will occur.I know the 1 definite way to prevent this is to put more air in those air bags.It rides real stiff like that though.Maybe I need shocks though.

fuelie600,yes i run airbags you would need them to run the tire safely.i will dig up some pics if you want them, understanding that you would have to run airbags and a small spacer with long wheel studs.

fuelie600,yes i run airbags you would need them to run the tire safely.i will dig up some pics if you want them, understanding that you would have to run airbags and a small spacer with long wheel studs.

My problem with the air bags I got is one day I took the car out and the tires rubbed.I can't really notice or hear it in the car.The tires have slash marks on them and apparent rub marks.I noticed that some of the air came out of the air bags.:rolleyes: That was with a 15x8 with a 3.5 Inch Backspacing with 275/60-15 BFG Drag Radials.I may buy new wheels with the 4.5 Inch Backspacing to avoid this problem.It will keep me from worrying about damaging the tires and the quarter panel's.:)

real99,i had one airbag fail in 13 years unfortunatley it was right before i got to the race track 2.5 hours from my house:eek: i rolled the lip so if they failed no cutting and i make sure the stance is good before i go out.i like keeping 15 to 20psi in the bags on the street never any clearance issues;)