You can type here any text you want

BGC intake question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chevyII

Im looking at the one for sale on the board. would the intake be to large and hurt performance on a 3.8. my engine combo is all forged lower end,stage1,alumn heads,45a or 70 turbo, around 214 or 218 roller,not sure on the cam. Would a fast TSM engine gain from the intake if the rules allowed it???? I think the HP will be 650-750. Would a ported lower and PTE upper be better. Im starting from scratch and have no upper end parts.

Originally posted by chevyII
Im looking at the one for sale on the board. would the intake be to large and hurt performance on a 3.8. my engine combo is all forged lower end,stage1,alumn heads,45a or 70 turbo, around 214 or 218 roller,not sure on the cam. Would a fast TSM engine gain from the intake if the rules allowed it???? I think the HP will be 650-750. Would a ported lower and PTE upper be better. Im starting from scratch and have no upper end parts.

TSM cars are not allowed to use the bg intake.
The intake would not hurt your performance at all.
They are hard to come by.
Personally i would pick up a stock intake and port it, or buy one allready ported.
If you really want to get trick you can weld and raise the runners on the stock intake.

A stage 1 engine would not be a TSM engine anyhow. As far as gaining power on your motor i am not sure, But i have one one my stage 1 engine.

Back