BHJ balancer

chasmat2316

Is there a way to tell if the interupter ring is installed right before I bolt on the balancer?

Is there a way to tell if the interupter ring is installed right before I bolt on the balancer?

after buying a couple of them and having doubt that they were correct i built a fixture to test the ring and its placement on the balancer---------turns out both of them were wrong (about 6 degrees)----------when i told the vendor he doubted me until i demonstrated the fixture to him----------he had been assembling them wrong for years---------makes me wonder how many others are wrong..............RC

I'm thinking this can be done with a degree wheel by refrencing the ring with the crank key way. I would like to check mine before it goes on too. Anyone know the correct number of degrees the edge of the interrupter ring should be offset from the keyway.

send it to Rich

It is hard to eyeball the ring.

I found out mine was 4* retarded by putting the computer in diagnostics mode and with a timing light, learned about the error. Turbo Tweak made the adjustment in my chip to compensate.

I don't want to eyeball it. I was thinking of a plexi disc with a keyed shaft that will fit into the balancer. With lines scribed on the disc exactly where the ring should be. I just don't know where the lines should be in relation to the keyway.

I don't want to eyeball it. I was thinking of a plexi disc with a keyed shaft that will fit into the balancer. With lines scribed on the disc exactly where the ring should be. I just don't know where the lines should be in relation to the keyway.

give me a call------perhaps i can send you my fixture------336-229-5554......RC

Thanks Rich,

I remembered I still have my stock hub and ring assembly, It think I'm going to try and measure off that and make a template to check my BHJ unit. I'm assuming the stock parts are correct. If I have any issues I'll be giving you a call.

If anyone knows the correct offset from the keyway That would make things a little easier. About 5 min in AutoCAD and I'll have a custom degree wheel to check it.