You can type here any text you want

BHJ torque plate; Borrow or Rent

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
My machinist is checking on his end to see if he can borrow one. If he can't find one, does anyone here have one I can borrow or rent? I don't know much about them, but this will be for a 4.030 bore stage 2 block. I think he may use it with his o-ring groove tooling also, but I'm not sure how that works.

No sorry, I already sold it. I am brainfarting who I sold it to, whether it was on here or evilbay, but could check my paypal and try to figure it out if need be...

Thanks guys. If I end up needing one I'll check with TA.

BHJ shows two plates. One that I assume is for Stage 2 heads and one specificaly for TA heads. I have TA heads, so TA should have the right one.

My machinist has one. I don't know if he would loan it out. If you need it let me know and I'll ask him.

Neal

Not to high jack but why not use the set of heads you are going to run?

You can't hone the cylinders with the heads on if that's what you're suggesting.

Neal

I bought mine , when i ordered it they made two one for production blocks one for stage blocks,
bhj didnt say any thing about alum,or iron heads,
if you lived near me i would loan it, i have a problem with shipping it out of state,
you should buy your own if you are going to stay in v-6 buicks , then you wouldnt have to depend on someone else. i use mine to hone when i freshen up,
good luck oc,

If I run across a used one, I might buy it. I'm too cheap to pay $400 for a new one from bhj when i might use it once a year. I might even make one that doubles as an o-ring jig. For now, someone close by has offered to loan me one.

Glad you got one Mike, you know if I still had mine you could have borrowed it. ;) I bought mine because I planned to build a handful of Buick motors, and still do, but it is hard to hang onto to something like that, when your machinist has one, and you could use that $ somewhere else. I try to build my junk by trading, selling, or trading work to keep the price down, much like you. :)

Back