Big Block 502ci 1971 Chevelle! TRADE

TurboLag

Testing the waters.
We’ll I’ve got the itch for something new and I’ve been told that Buick Turbo power can be a lot of fun. By no means am I 100% sure I’m ready to say goodbye to my Chevelle. I have owned this Chevelle for the past 5 years and have put tons of blood, sweat and tears into it. I wish I had the funds and the space to keep the Chevelle and get a GN as well, but sadly I don’t. So I’m looking to trade the Chevelle for the right GN. I’m looking for something fast and nasty. :)
With that said let me say a bit about the Chevelle.
First off, this muscle car gets attention! I get people honking, waving at me and giving me thumbs up every time I take it out. And don’t even think about making a quick stop at a gas station. There is always someone that walks up and wants to check it out. Then when the hood gets popped its always fun to hear the different sounds that people make, this usually consists of grunts and moans. :)LOL! It truly feels like you’re driving a real nostalgic piece of history. As I mentioned, I’ve owned and loved this car for the past 5 years. I’ve not cut corners with this Chevelle. Everything that I’ve done, I’ve done it right the first time. I’ve been building this Chevelle to have fun on the street. And let me say that it is a blast to drive. I love to just take it out cruising to car meets and beat up on some of the local import guys.:p

Under the hood:
I just had the motor completely rebuilt over this winter.
-GM Performance Parts Big Block 502ci V8
-All forged internals
-Edelbrock roller cam
-Edelbrock Victor Jr. CNC ported aluminum heads
-Comp valvetrain
-Edelbrock Victor Jr. polished intake manifold
-Wilson Manifold 1” carb spacer
-Holley 850 double pumper
-K&N Extreme Intake
-ARP fasteners on everything
-Complete MSD Ignition setup including billet distributor, blaster 3 coil, 6AL ignition box and retard module.
-Accel ceramic spark plug wires (I love these, impossible to burn through)
-Hooker Super Comp equal length headers, heat wrapped and silicone coated. 2” primary tubes and 3 1/2" collectors.
-Dual 3 ½” stainless steel exhaust, with X pipe and Pypes Race Pro mufflers. Turn downs just before the rear end.
-Black Mountain 2” cog pulley system (one of my favorite parts)
-All accessories are polished
-Aluminum dual row radiator, built in trans cooler, dual electric fans (this does an awesome job of keeping the big block cool on hot days)

Drivetrain:
-TCI Super Streetfighter Turbo 400 trans
-TCI converter
-Hurst shifter
-Heavy-duty driveshaft
-Currie Ford 9” rear end, Currie center section with 3.89 gears and Detroit Truetrac, Currie 9+ axels.
-4 wheel drums (next on my list for an upgrade)
-Front wheels are Centerline 15x7 wrapped in Mickey Thompson Sportsman rubber
-Rear wheels are 15x10 wrapped in 315 Mickey Thompson ET Streets.

Interior
-All Autometer Cobalt gauges
-Lecarra steering wheel
-Corbeau racing seats
-Sparco racing harnesses
-New carpet
-New SS floor mats
-Custom rear window deck with SS logo

Other
-15 gallon aluminum fuel cell in the trunk
-Optimum Red Top Battery in the trunk, inside enclosed Taylor aluminum battery box
-Battery cutoff switch located below the back bumper
-Ebach lowering springs
-Edelbrock shocks
-Airbags inside the rear springs to adjust for straight launches
-Lakewood fully boxed upper and lower control arms
-front and rear strut bar
-Aeromotive fuel system including fuel pump, regulator, 2 filters, all high quality fuel line and -8an fittings

I’m sure I’m forgetting a lot but that is the gist of it. Everything was purchased brand new from Summit Racing and Jegs. I have a mountain of receipts that totals well over 25K.
I like my cars fast and nasty and that is what this Chevelle is. I would not call it a daily driver (could be but it eats gas up) but its 100% streetable. The seats are comfortable, power steering is nice, exhaust sounds mean as f***, trans shifts flawlessly, stays cool in hot weather and you have enough power on tap to leave giant number 11’s anywhere you want! This was an original 4 speed car. I had a 4 speed in it the first 3 ½ years that I owned it. I then swapped in the TCI TH400 when the 4 speed gave out. The automatic is just so much faster when it comes to racing. However, I had a feeling that I would miss banging through gears so I left everything in place so it could easily be returned to a manual car.

As far as selling it goes… I’m really more interested in a trade. As I mentioned, I’m not needing to get rid of this Chevelle for any reason. I’m just thinking about trying something new. I have no problem holding onto and enjoying her for a few more seasons.
Thanks for taking a look and let me know if you have any questions.

$23,000

DSC_0105-1.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

I live in Indianapolis, where are you located?
No 1/4 mile times yet. Most of my racing has taken place between stop lights. :smile:
I am headed to Wild Wednesday Street Legal's tomorrow night at Lucas Oil Raceway... as long as it does not rain. They did not let me run last week because I did not have a helmet. But I just picked up a new 2010 Snell approved lid so I should be good to go.

Chevelle..

I live in Indianapolis, where are you located?
No 1/4 mile times yet. Most of my racing has taken place between stop lights. :smile:
I am headed to Wild Wednesday Street Legal's tomorrow night at Lucas Oil Raceway... as long as it does not rain. They did not let me run last week because I did not have a helmet. But I just picked up a new 2010 Snell approved lid so I should be good to go.

That sounds good keep us posted, i bet you that street monster sends the ricers running for cover when they see u on the street comin:biggrin:

Good looking car, I had one that looked like it in 1970, Insurance company made me sell it, To much hp, How things have changed, I ordered it to race and found out they had a drag package so got it and most didn't know you could get it, Man was it nice, I set in it for hours with a CCR tape in it, Cost me $2450, Like I said how things have changed, We are pretty close, I live in Pendleton, You need to come to Muncie dragway, If you have never rode in a GN it will blow your mind, I was lucky and got one a guy got new here in town, He got it to drag race and that is all he did with it and he was really picky, He put it back in the trailer between rounds to keep the dust off it, Run the ac in the garage for it in the summer and the heat in the winter, It looked better that a brand new one and had 6,000 miles on it and most of that was the burnouts, It rides like a Caddy, Has AM/FM tape, full power and cold ac, Runs on pump gas, Still has the plastic on the dash, I think my wife is the only one that has ever rode in the back seat. Once, I took it to the Buick show they had at Indy and the guy that does the paintless dents said he has been all over the country working with the GN's and he said he never seen one all original in the shape mine was in just Mint, Oh it runs in the 10's on 19 pounds of boost

Damn that's tits man, just tits. Nice car. I had a red one with a built big block and 12 bolt. I will have another someday.