You can type here any text you want

big neck GN intercooler vs. TTA stocker

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meatheadgn

I am thinking about putting a big neck GN intercooler on my TTA to replace the stocker with. I realize that the TTA intercooler has more fins per inch than the GN but I do not want to cut it up. I have Razor's alcohol kit and a TA-49 turbo with 009 injectors. Will switching intercoolers be worth the trouble if I am spraying methanol?

I ran my times with a gn dutt neck and I didnt pick up a whole lot. I have a stretch IC on it now and havent been to the track yet. My boost went from 24psi to 30psi:eek: with the stretch....Car is really breathing now, but track outing will tell the real story.

I am a welder by trade, so I whipped one out for myself, but I really woulnt think of an upgraded intercooler untill at least mid 11's.

Bo

Thanks for the information. My car runs high elevens now and I have a good welding shop at my house. I have made a stretched intercooler before for my GN's but I thought that it looked like a royal pain in the butt to do one on a TTA. I have a hydraulic car lift in my shop so I can access everything easily and my GTAW welder is right there so it would be easy to fab up a big neck intercooler. I just hate to do all of the work and not gain anything.....I guess that is the same for all of us speed freaks.

Thanks again for the information.

I put a Dutt. necked Gn IC on, with no other changes boost went from #17 to #20, with a noticable difference in spool for me. I'd say its well worth it for the $ especially if you can do all the fab work yourself. I paid $50 for it so it wasn't much of a decision.

Dutt. neck / Stock neck

fab cooler

Hi!
Well, it's nice to see that the hotrodding spirit lives on! A fabrication job is close to the core of what it's all about.

I will try out the Dutt. on my stock IC, and I will also try out a custom made watercooled one. Here´s a pic of the dutt. The watercooled is fab´ed, but needs to be a little modified, don´t have any pic´s of it yet.

Thanks for all of information. I have a Dutt neck and I am currently looking for a stock GN intercooler. I am thinking about making some better air ducting for the intercooler when I am under there. I am interested to see how the water intercooler looks when you have pictures available. I really enjoy fabbing up stuff to go faster with. My other project I am working on is a twin turbo 496 in a 1966 Nova SS. I have put a narrowed rear end and tubs, Mustang 2 front end, 12 point cage and fabbed all of the headers/intercooler piping. Sorry for getting off subject.

Boost and speed is an addiction that needs to fed regularly.

Later

Back