Big stuff outputs on V-6

summit

the big stuff has some neat ouptut like a second pump turn on setting and the two step. Do these still work with the typical adapter harness for the turbo 6, do you need to add wires straight from the big stuff box, or do you lose some of these functions with the V-6 waste spark setup? I have a big stuff manual and it looks like it should all work.

I have not personally played around with the PTE (Buick) BS3 box with the adaptor harness. I would caution you to beware that if you ever decide to upgrade to a different ignition type the PTE (Buick) BS3 box is not compatible with the stand alone harness's that other BS3 systems use.

While the software shows you functions the system has, the firmware dictates which functions the ECU can use. I would recommend calling PTE and talk to Pete about the two step function with the DIS ignition, or e-mail Leo direct at Bigstuff3.com before you make a decision.

I would not recommend using the 2-step function with the factory ignition. IMO: The Bailey 2-step is the most cost effective solution.

Customer's car and I am just asking since we are fixing quite a few things on the car. If we can use the secondary pump switch based off TPS it will be a good trigger wire for the AMS-1000 as well as the actual second pump. We would have preferred to sell him the Big Stuff new, but when the customer brings you a car with a running used system what can you do? He has no idea on the original supplier, firmware, etc.

Check the engine headers on the ECU they should be tagged "PTE BUICK" and there should be indication of that on the back tag. I know some older BS3 boxes (DIS) that were not the PTE specific boxes are floating around, but the latest boxes that support DIS are only available through PTE.

Note: some of the newer firmware versions of the system loose the high speed pump output, for example, a customers LSx 60-2 COP ECU and my ETM distributor based ECU. I would make sure it functions before you commit your wiring to it. The engine must be running and be set over 25% TPS for it to work properly.