You can type here any text you want

Big Wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

I tried some P275/50R15's this weekend. This is a 26" tire that many SFI owners find works well on stock 86/87 GN wheels which are 15x7". BFG recommends a minimum of a 7.5" rim. Instead of Drag Radials, I went with the much cheaper Radial TA. The Buick Rallyes I use are the same size and backspacing as the 86/87 GN wheel (4"). A 275mm tire on a 7" rim sure looks "chubby".

The driver's fit, the passanger side needed a 5/16 spacer. Both sides rubbed the frame just a touch on hard corners. Our 7.5" rear may not be the same exact width as a 8.5" rear. Handling sure changed with these fatboys.

I couldn't get them to hook woth my open rearend and air bag. :( The narrow rim makes them balloon out (not lie flat). I lowered the air pressure to 20 psi to help flatten them out, but it didn't help. The Radial TA might not like the low pressure like the Drag Radial does.

The solution to the rubbing and the hooking proably is to put them on a 8" wide rim. Anybody have some 15x8 Centerlines for sale. :)

275 on 15x7

do you have a pic of your car with that fatboys under? (just to see what kind of look imports and 'stand can see from behind!
:D

Back