You can type here any text you want

Biggest stroke on Stage 1 motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BUICKTR

I was wondering what is the biggest stroke you could put in a S1 mill. 3.8 Offcenter Stage 1 block.:cool:

I believe you can put a 3.625 stroke in that block. You will need to notch the bottom of the cylinders for clearance for the connecting rods (if you are using Carrillo rods).

Dave

turbodave231

I thought it was only possible to put a 3.59 stroke. If I would be able to put a 3.625 that would be great. I need to do a little more research. Thanks!!:)

Re: turbodave231

Originally posted by BUICKTR
I thought it was only possible to put a 3.59 stroke. If I would be able to put a 3.625 that would be great. I need to do a little more research. Thanks!!:)

Talk to Bill Anderson, he knows what it takes to put a 3.625 stroke crank in a 3.8 OffCenter Stage1 block...... Not too long ago he mentioned he built such a motor for a customer with a 3.625 stroke wide journal crank and 6.5 OnCenter rods....

www.anderson-performance.com

HTH

what does it take to put a 3.750 in a oncenter 4.1 motor.

Originally posted by John Wilde
what does it take to put a 3.750 in a oncenter 4.1 motor.

I'm curious as to what length rods you would use with 3.750 stroke crank? I think it has been done because I seem to remember somebody posting on here that said they had a 288ci motor so that would mean 4.040 bore and a 3.750 stroke according to the calculator http://www.aera.org/tech/cube_calc.html :cool:

Steve O,

Marty Chance said that the magic stroke number
to make a turbo converter car work was 3.75.
We were speaking of a small block application
but I do not see why the same principle would
not apply to the V-6.

Originally posted by John Wilde
Steve O,

Marty Chance said that the magic stroke number
to make a turbo converter car work was 3.75.
We were speaking of a small block application
but I do not see why the same principle would
not apply to the V-6.

Interesting.... I would also think the same principle would apply with the V6.... Bottom line IMO is the more cubes the better!:cool:

It will be interesting to see what the raised cam version of the TA Block can add to the mix.

Yeah I remember somebody posted on here (I think Nick Micale) a while back that the raised cam version of the TA block would be capable of 302ci!

My personal stage1 street engine has a 3.625 stroke, no problems, you have to sink the rod bolts in the rods for pick up clearance.We just finished another one about 2 mos ago with the same combo. If you run a 3.750 stroke and it is a forged piece, you would have to use chev. journals as there is not enough meat on the crank to get it done.If you use a billet piece, Buick journals will be fine.

Back