Blazer dual piston spindle

free wheeling tire

I just did the swap to the S-10 dual piston brakes---Now I notice that my front wheels don't turn as free as before. Anyone else notice this and what is the fix? Thanks

considering the stock spindle and the ZQ8 spindle are the exact dimensions I wouldn't think it has anything to do with the spindle. you may need an alignment. did you do anything else at the same time as the spindles ? have you gone back and checked your work, make sure everything is right.

yes

I had it aligned---I am talking about with the wheels off the ground---they don't spin as freely. No problem with steering or driving. Thanks

Lee Thompson said:
I had it aligned---I am talking about with the wheels off the ground---they don't spin as freely. No problem with steering or driving. Thanks

Sounds like a seized caliper(s). Make sure there is no drag on the rotor and make sure the calipers are working correctly.

HTH,
Tommy

spudmanmike said:
I should be all set now, i used a grinder and took off a little bit from a corner. The hose now comes off at a 45 degree angle to the caliper. All good :)

Note that the Russel lines do not have square ends on the caliper side of the hose, they are round so there shouldnt be a need to grind anything if you use them, plus I think they are slightly longer than stock lines.

Hyroboost ?

I have an 85 with hyd. boost brakes. I switched over to an 87 setup this past winter. Keep the Hyd. Boost but am running it off an 87 pump. My brakes worked flawless (good pedal--good holding on the line and braking just like when I had the 85 pump and resivoir) Once I put the dual calipers on now my pedal is right up @ the top (no free travel) and they drag. I removed 1 caliper today and ordered a repair kit. Once I disassembled the caliper I found nothing wrong with it. Has anyone else done the swap using hyd. boost. It is not the bearing as once I free the brakes up wheel spins free. Drive car and come back and jack front up and wheels have way too much drag. Thanks

Try spraying some HI-TAC on the back of the brake pads so the caliper piston and claw can adhese together, also make sure you lube the caliper slider bolt. love my set-up too.

steveX

Do you have hyd. boost with the 87 pump? If so do your wheels spin free? Thanks for your time. It appears to me that my pistons are not retracting any. The fluid pressure is being removed from the piston but piston stays out which keeps the wheel somewhat tight.thanks for your time.

steveX

Do you have hyd. boost with the 87 pump? If so do your wheels spin free? Thanks for your time. It appears to me that my pistons are not retracting any. The fluid pressure is being removed from the piston but piston stays out which keeps the wheel somewhat tight.thanks for your time.

steveX

steveX

Leeo...What about using the springs you and I talked about to push the pads off the rotor?

Scott

Easier said than done. I pulled pass. side off Mon. would take some engineering to do. Going to try caliper rebuild kit first. Not highly optimistic.

Are both side caliper locking up? If NOT. your stuck caliper might be the issue. I'm using the HB/master cylinder off a 94 Astro-van with the 87 GN P/S pump. I'm also using C6 vette STOP Power in all four corner.

Thanks for your time

Both calipers are the same. I put a repair kit in the right one and as I said there was nothing wrong with it. No rust --no nicks--no sticking points.
Both calipers have the same amount drag on them. The wheels will spin by hand but stop way sooner than when I has the stock brakes on. I am using my stock 85 hyd. boost master cyl. Have you noticed the extra drag as compared to original setup?

Hmm, If u use the HI-TAC brake spray & check the caliper bolt (lube). U should check both rubber brake hose for rupture internal, you will need a brake fulid pressure gauge. Install the gauge (screw) @ the bleeder hole, have someone step on the brake, it should read HIGH, once the padle is releast the gauge should read 0psi. If NOT ,the brake hose might be the issue. Problem like this are most likly stuck caliper, bolts,hose, or master cyl. Hope this help

As I understand

98-2005 2WD S-10 Blazers have the dual pistons--trucks have single.
For the last 2 weeks I have been calling around to bone yards looking for a set. Most of them want to argue that the S-10 trucks are the same--NOT. Finnaly found a set 120 miles away from a 98 S-10 Blazer.