You can type here any text you want

BLM lock for WOT and what about WOT TCC lock up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GHawz13

Is it recommended to get BLM lock for WOT fuel adjustability? This is going to be a street/strip chip. Also what about WOT TCC lock up speed. What mph should I set this at if it will be mostly a strip chip.

I have Jim Testa street chip with blm-lockup and ttc lockup at his recommended setting. Go with the chip maker recommedations.

TCC at WOT and normal cruise

Can you put TCC under normal condition with TCC under WOT conditions to a regular chip .bin. This seemed like a good post to bring this up?? I thought you can only do one or the other. I would like to lock in 4th at 45mph under normal driving and force WOT lock at 65 mph in the chip. Hmmm, maybe some of the experts can chime in.. TIA

Mike Banas
87GN

Re: TCC at WOT and normal cruise

Originally posted by NC87GN
Can you put TCC under normal condition with TCC under WOT conditions to a regular chip .bin. This seemed like a good post to bring this up?? I thought you can only do one or the other. I would like to lock in 4th at 45mph under normal driving and force WOT lock at 65 mph in the chip. Hmmm, maybe some of the experts can chime in.. TIA

Mike Banas
87GN

What happens if you set it to lock at 65 in 3rd, but 45 in 4th?

The best way to do it would be to set the cruise lock points at about 40 in 3rd, and 50 in 4th.

Then set the WOT lockup point at something in excess of 70+ because the WOT 2/3 shift normally occurs at ~about 65 or so, and you don't want the TCC locking too close to that point.

Depending on the octane of fuel you're using. My cars don't like the WOT lockup to happen at too low of mph with pump gas. Seems to put too much load on the motor and causes detonation so I like to lock it up in 3rd gear where it likes it better. Race gas it's not as big of a deal and can lock it sooner.

My experience anyway.

Back