You can type here any text you want

BLM question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

All my numbers seem to be OK except my BLM number at idle is 117. FP is 43 line off
Questions are
1. Is 117 lean or rich
2. to raise the idle BLM, would I try to increase or decrease the FP.

Many thanks

117 indicates it is rich at idle....so 117/128 = .91...so its cutting fuel by about 9% in order to keep the air/fuel ratio where it should be.

I have found that anything below about 113 needs to be corrected as the further the BLMs get away from 128, the less accurate it is to "correct" it.
Some may say that its still fully within the range for the ECM to correct the AFR, but if its much more than 15+- of 128, its not going to be a great AFR according to the sniffer tests here...the HC's will be off the chart.

Lowering fp will help bring up the BLM to 128...but it will also make your WOT leaner too...so depending on where that's at it may not be a good idea. Best thing to do is adjust the MAF tables in the chip to correct or get an adjustable Turbo Tweak chip and adjust if from there for idle and WOT.

Back