BLM's & Learning to tune My '84

Did the engine idle correctly,at one time,since you installed it into your Jeep?
Do you have a functioning Service Engine Soon light?
Have you driven the vehicle since you discovered the high idle condition?

G' Mornin',
I Bought my custom CJ5 rig from a guy who had this built 18 years ago in Nevada. Complete resto & rebuild , from the ground up. The history of the ' 84 Regal power plant & interior are unknown to me. I have been going by ya'all's support, TSM's that he sent, & slowly gettin' my mechanical skills back up to speed. I'm never going to race her, just tryin' to wake her up to a new life.
When I first got her, late last Fall, She seemed to idle high , But smoothly. I worked on getting gauges in & learning how to get the required tools to check the numbers.
The Service Engine Soon light does function, & I haven't learned or Read any codes yet ? That's a helpful diagnostic idea , I realize now.
I have driven the vehicle since i got her & I realize that's needed too. ( It's been too cold & Salt everywhere, another Frigg'n long Winter )

After the mild mod's I 've made so far & what I've learned, She is running much more to the way she is supposed to. Ie: I think the Temp reading will cool down once I test her on the road. She does , & always has been running Rich , both by smell & now the readings. Seems to be getting better though , and again, once driven ( Starting next week ) , I 'm hopefully heading the right way .Thanks for any support & Ideas, I realize that this is a unique Rig , but she is VERY COOL to this ol' Boy !!!
Richie ----- ' Lockman '

I realize that this is a unique Rig , but she is VERY COOL to this ol' Boy !!!
It's very cool. There was a time when the Buick V6 was installed into Jeeps from the factory. I consider it to be a very logical and natural progression to put a turbo charged Buick V6 into a jeep. If I owned one,I would absolutely do the same thing.

Does the SES light stay on after the engine is running?

Yeah , Brother !
GM had a Big relationship with Jeep , They are the one's that Built & produced all The ' Willy's " in WW II !!! This is My 4th CJ5, But they never built one single CJ5 With a 700R4 3 speed , with overdrive, auto tranny !!! She's one of a Kind . :cool: :giggle:

No , It never has . Just on Ignition relay , when starting. Goes out after Start Up . Can you bring me up to speed , or if there's a link I can be pointed too, On the procedures to read any stored codes ? Or, I could reset the ECM , thru the ALDL Bluetooth adapter & Start new from today ? ( After Driving tomorrow or Tuesday )

Whaddaya suggest ?

Attachments

• Closer Photos of Richie's New CJ5 _ Unsigned Title.pdf
    19.3 MB · Views: 24
Yeah , Brother !
GM had a Big relationship with Jeep , They are the one's that Built & produced all The ' Willy's " in WW II !!! This is My 4th CJ5, But they never built one single CJ5 With a 700R4 3 speed , with overdrive, auto tranny !!! She's one of a Kind . :cool::giggle:

No , It never has . Just on Ignition relay , when starting. Goes out after Start Up . Can you bring me up to speed , or if there's a link I can be pointed too, On the procedures to read any stored codes ? Or, I could reset the ECM , thru the ALDL Bluetooth adapter & Start new from today ? ( After Driving tomorrow or Tuesday )

Whaddaya suggest ?
Update: Got out on the road a couple of days. Total of about 30 miles. Used 2 Gallons of 93 pump gas. :rolleyes: When I get the rpm's up to say 3000 - 3500, the BLM's drop to 123 to 115 : @ idle , it' goes back to reading about 140 ? She consistently does this . TPS rises to ~ 0.745 to 0.784. Maf reads about 30. @ idle , it's 6 to 7. Still can not get idle below 950.
I get a stumble- like flat spot -kinda engine vibration , for 1 sec. , when she's just at the top of 1st gear, shifting to 2nd ? Shifts thru all gears fairly smoothly. She's got an upgraded 700R4 tranny with Overdrive.
Another Question : Is there any trick or way to know if an Engine has a roller cam in it , without tear'n it down ?
Any opinions / Ideas are greatly appreciated. Without you guy's I still be just look'n at it !

Attachments

• Data Pic 4-8-2019.JPG
    Data Pic 4-8-2019.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 25