You can type here any text you want

block casting #'s is this a tta block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cruesix

topless tta
hey guys,just trying to figure out what i was sold..my casting # on the rear of the block is 25524140 my feelings are this is just a normal 231v6 block but this is what i was sold as a tta motor..ive got the right heads,and everything else seems to be from a tta any help would be appriciated
Dan

answered my own question..i was right..its from a normally asperated 84 buick regal..man did i get hosed..learn from me..dont trust anyone you dont know

Dan:

Did I mention that if you buy my short block that you will be buying a motor that yanked some wheelies in a 3500 pound car. :D

I should atleast be able to charge an extra 50 to 75 cents because of that!

Jason

Originally posted by cruesix
hey guys,just trying to figure out what i was sold..my casting # on the rear of the block is 25524140 my feelings are this is just a normal 231v6 block but this is what i was sold as a tta motor..ive got the right heads,and everything else seems to be from a tta any help would be appriciated
Dan

Sorry Dan and Guys,

I messed up on posting my reply, this is what was suppose to be in that blank post.

Here's a link to a page on the Turbo Regal web site that has almost all the info on the V6 block:

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/blocks/blockguide.html

The 1st thing to look for is the SG1 casting by the motor mount bolt holes and the 2nd is the casting #25526109. If the block doesn't have the SG1 casting, it's not a TTA motor period. Now a Buick could have the SG1 motor and still be correct but the TTA can't have the #25526109 block with out the SG1 casting and be correct even though they are essentially the same block.

Also I'm pretty sure it's on all TTA's,(I've seen two TTA motors) on the ear of the block(driver's side) italicize letters are engraved. The vin is not stamped it looked like etching.....

Originally posted by trading t/a
Also I'm pretty sure it's on all TTA's,(I've seen two TTA motors) on the ear of the block(driver's side) italicize letters are engraved. The vin is not stamped it looked like etching.....

I think you have posted this before and I find it very interesting. I have 2 TTA blocks and neither have this on them. I know for a fact that 1 of my blocks is a TTA block because it came out of my car and I'm the original owner. The 2nd block could be questions since I bought it from J. Pearcy and he got it from someone that had taken it out of a TTA but that doesn't mean it was the original block. So your post is really interesting to me.

My car is in no way original, I have no serial number on my block other than the 109 stamping. Already was torn into when I opened it. It might be that the two I've seen had a warranty service done on them and this is how they distinguished the one's that were replaced or repaired as oppossed to a stocker...

Back