block id

Ricky Borchert

I have a few motors here that I don't know what they are, neither does my buddy helping me id 'ing all these parts my uncle had. The 2 in question has a number 25500016 and a "6" emblem between the freeze plugs. on the side where heads bolt down one has a "ring" around each cylinder and the other don't. What are these? I am trying to get all these parts sorted and an idea of what they are worth.

Thanks,
Ricky

I hope this post is in the right section.

That is a Buick Motorsport Stage 2 block. Sounds like they machined the deck of the block for o-rings or wire-locs to seal it up. Shoot some pics and text them to me, i will help you figure out those parts. I have had a handful of stage parts and just sold a block, so I know what they are worth. I will PM you my number.

James

Those should be off center blocks with bore spacing like a production block. Measure the bore to see if they are 3.8 or 4.1 blocks.

It's a 4.1 liter Off center Buick Motorsports block. Could be either a Stage I block (2 bolt center main caps) or a Stage II block (4 bolt center main caps). I might be interested if you decide to sell them.

Thanks

Neal

Sir,
I would also be interested in the block with no o-rings. Sorry about your loss and hopefully you and your Uncle had a chance to work on the Buick together. PM me when you want to sell.
Thanks,
Bob

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this - been really busy with work. I do appreciate the help with the blocks - I really do. But - and I'm not trying to be nasty or anything - I will be selling these. Key word in that sentence is "selling". I do not want to trade parts, please stop pming me if you want to trade. I have a list started with potential buyers starting with the 4 ppl that has posted, after them I will message the pm's of "buyers" that I received. For the ones who are wanting to trade - come up with a fair price and pm me again with said offer. I am selling off all parts that I have, excpet for one thing my uncle promised someone on this board - everything on the list I will be posting in the for sale section will go. With that being said - Mr. Brown - I haven't forgot about you, just been really busy. Pm with which block you would like to receive. I will keep my uncles promise to you.

Thanks
Ricky

Ricky, I know you have a lot on your plate. Wayne let you with a pile of stuff to go through and winter's coming up.

Snap some pictures and put them on the for sale section (if you can see it yet). You'd be surprised how many people would love to buy needed parts and help put a Buick back on the road at the same time.

Well Mr. Brown, I really want to get it back on the road. But I am no mechanic, nor do I have the money to keep this car running by paying someone to do repairs/keep it in running condition the way Uncle Wayne did. So .... I am having a guy that said he knew my uncle from when he lived up north, He has offered to come get it running so I can sale it also. I don't have the time or patience (as I have found out) to maintain it the way it should be maintained. I have done alot of reading on here and gn/t type. org and it is overwelming how you guys keep these cars going. I'll be honest - I can not do it. So .... in short - the car will be sold and I think I am going to take said money and donate it to one of my uncles favorite charities - St Jude. I know he would have liked that.

Thanks,
Ricky

Give that some thought for a little while. There's a lot of nuances to these cars but it's nothing that can't be learned...

and "Earl" is fine :D

Earl - you do know that I have a 291 casting 4.1 block right. Its buried under alot of parts but when I get to it again - I'll be sending to you.