You can type here any text you want

Block ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sinister80mc

ok I'm in the process of gathering parts for a project car it is a 1980 monte with the 3.8 carb turbo set up. I will be going sfi Ic turbo with it my question is what is interchangable ? Can I use the current block with later heads
I have searched and haven't found any clear answers. Thanks in advance for any help.

I guess you could use the complete shortblock and put the later heads on.

Keep in mind somewhere in that time frame they swiched the threads i think to metric, so I'm not sure what parts will work together.

I don't think that block will have the knock senser provision.

thanks for the reply so I can use the block I have with some adaptation for the oil drain. just looking to use the block

drill and tap the oil return line on your block just like the 109 block has the return line.....ive done it before and it works!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Or you can run a return to the oil pan. This works too if you don't want to drill the block.

I would think you could use the whole running short block.

Or you can run a return to the oil pan. This works too if you don't want to drill the block.

I would think you could use the whole running short block.

if it was runnig has been sitting four5-6 years because of a spun rod bearing
as per p\o. I will reuse what ever I can to keep cost down.

Back