You can type here any text you want

Blocking off water ports on heater core tubes for throttle body

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
When I purchased my car someone took a piece of hose and connected the two ports on the heater core hose tubes that I guess used to feed to the throttle body.

I wanted to see how you have done yours?

I am in the process of cleaning up my engine compartment and considering removing this hose and installing two vacuum caps and then zip tying them down. Unless you feel this is a bad idea.

I can provide a pic if anyone needs one.

A couple of caps to clean it up, When I sent mine off to Steve Monroe I had him remove em and fill with epoxy

errr just re-read thread...I ran hose and worm clamps as stated above

do it right

remove the assembly and cut the tubes about a 1/4 in from base and acetylene weld them up. I have seen more than 1 of the rubber caps spring a leak @ the most unlikely time.

Thanks. I was beginning to wonder if those little rubber vacuum caps would even withstand the heat of the coolant. Guess not. I might have to find someone with a welder and try welding them up.

I have a hose and clamps on mine, those vacuum caps will crack and leak over a bit of time.:eek:

Yup, if you go to a water cooled turbo those two water ports coming off the heater hose tubes are what you're going to use to cool the turbo. I would just cap them of or run a hose from one to the other for right now. You may need them in the future.

Current wrig job

ACrepair007.jpg

Thanks. I was beginning to wonder if those little rubber vacuum caps would even withstand the heat of the coolant. Guess not. I might have to find someone with a welder and try welding them up.

They make a couple different kinds of the 'caps'. The thin, shiny, plasticky/rubber blue/yellow/red/black vac caps won't stand up, but the thicker, rubber black caps will. They are called 'bypass' caps and are made for the water lines. They are in the 'help' section of the parts store. Just go browse around, and you'll see the two different types. Get the thick ones and a couple small clamps. Mine have been on there 10 years and are fine...

A plastic tire valve stem cap can be pushed into the stock hoses to block the flow of coolant & retain the stock look under the hood. ;)

They make a couple different kinds of the 'caps'. The thin, shiny, plasticky/rubber blue/yellow/red/black vac caps won't stand up, but the thicker, rubber black caps will.

Thanks I'll look for these. The caps I have now are all black and all rubber.

Back