You can type here any text you want

Blown Oil Seal in Turbo Revival

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bigboy25

Hey guys..... I am very close to starting up the GN after 1 year of being down. The last time I saw my baby running was when I shut her off after billowing white smoke from my exhaust while on a trip up the interstate. The oil seal in the turbo went bye bye. The turbo got sent off and upgraded.

Here is my question.....

Since there is oil where it shouldn't be in my intake........it probably will smoke again for a bit upon startup right? Just curious.....so i don't freak out if it happens.

Hey guys..... I am very close to starting up the GN after 1 year of being down. The last time I saw my baby running was when I shut her off after billowing white smoke from my exhaust while on a trip up the interstate. The oil seal in the turbo went bye bye. The turbo got sent off and upgraded.

Here is my question.....

Since there is oil where it shouldn't be in my intake........it probably will smoke again for a bit upon startup right? Just curious.....so i don't freak out if it happens.

Yes. It will probably smoke for a little while but less and less as it cleans itself out. The more you run it the less smoke you will see untill it is all gone. I had an oil seal go out of my first hot air back in the early 90's. The car was sitting still idleing and just began smoking like you wouldn't believe. After turbo rebuild it only took a few minutes of drive time to clear it up.

Yes. It will probably smoke for a little while but less and less as it cleans itself out. The more you run it the less smoke you will see untill it is all gone. I had an oil seal go out of my first hot air back in the early 90's. The car was sitting still idleing and just began smoking like you wouldn't believe. After turbo rebuild it only took a few minutes of drive time to clear it up.

cool....sounds like it will be a little night run to avoid some embarassment;)

cool....sounds like it will be a little night run to avoid some embarassment;)

Lol... After mine blew I just had to top off the oil and make the 5 mile treck home in broad daylight. Man did I get some looks. I would actually put it in neutral and cut it off going down hills. You couldn't see anything but smoke for at least a hundred yards behind me.

Lol... After mine blew I just had to top off the oil and make the 5 mile treck home in broad daylight. Man did I get some looks. I would actually put it in neutral and cut it off going down hills. You couldn't see anything but smoke for at least a hundred yards behind me.

Yeah, maybe if anyone asks....I'll just say I am a James Bond Prototype Car Tester. Trying to get the smoke screen dialed in.

Back