You can type here any text you want

BMS balancer and JW flexplate questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trbobuick

Boost addict
My engine is in the car and i had a couple of questions....

I have a BMS balancer, is the diameter the same as a production hub/balancer? I was getting ready to time the cam sensor and was wanting to mark it off at 25 deg.

The JW flexplate. Flat side away or towards the engine? And what ARP bolts to hold it on ?

Both the BMS harmonic balancer and the steel hub that I have run were smaller in dia than the stock 3.8 balancer. The ring gear faces the block so flat side always out.

9sec.

The thread in the crank should be 7/16-20 same as the SBC so the ART 200-2802 should work just fine.

9se.

Brian,

Sorry I didn't call back today. The JW wheel will fit on and line up one way. It will look lie it is installed backwards, but trust me that is the way it goes. I used SBC flexplate bolts (Mr. Gasket I think).

That balancer is slightly smaller than a stock balancer. You can use the stock style pulley. You will need to mark it at 25 degree ATDC for the cam sensor setup.

How far are you from firing the motor?

Dave

Back