Board member "441120" feature car for the month of July.

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Here's some info on this ride from his sig.~

1987 T Orig owner
Kenne Bell:CAI,FMIC,70MM TB/plenum ,Headers,2 1/2" Dual Exhaust,F/P Regulator,50# inj. RJC pp,bc GT3255E E.T.=12.03 @ 113mph so close!

Attachments

• Buick T 002i.JPG
    Buick T 002i.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 394
I ordered the car new, just started as a mechanic at a Buick dealer. I was looking at the '87 Mustangs when I went to work at Buick. Starting out doing new car preps I got to drive the turbo Buicks, brand new still in the wrapper :biggrin:
Needless to say I didn't buy a Mustang, but have "owned" many ;)

Attachments

• Buick T 103i.JPG
    Buick T 103i.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 384
The engine has never been opened other than rear main seal, all bolt on mods. Only one trip to the track, three runs on borrowed 235 BFDR, netted best ET 12.03 highest mph 112.9 for the night. Tire spin :frown:

Attachments

• Buick T 104i.JPG
    Buick T 104i.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 327
Wow that is cool to hear you were a mechanic at a Buick dealership when these cars came out... I know of one guy down here named Byron (who happens to be an electrical/wiring guru) that has worked for Buick for over 20 years and I believe he also bought a T brand new while working at a dealership...

Thanks for sharing :cool:

441120 said:
Fun on a Friday night...

Thanks for the picture, it is my new desktop!
Nice clean street car, I love it!
It reminds me of the first T Type that a local kid gave me a ride in.
Good times.......Good times!

86brick said:
Wow that is cool to hear you were a mechanic at a Buick dealership when these cars came out... I know of one guy down here named Byron (who happens to be an electrical/wiring guru) that has worked for Buick for over 20 years and I believe he also bought a T brand new while working at a dealership...

Thanks for sharing :cool:

Actually, Byron bought a 87 GN Brand new at the dealership :wink:

Thanks for the correction

Blaze said:
Actually, Byron bought a 87 GN Brand new at the dealership :wink:

Ya know for some reason I thought it was a white T :confused: Oh well this isn't the first time I was wrong, sure it won't be the last either :)

86brick said:
Ya know for some reason I thought it was a white T :confused: Oh well this isn't the first time I was wrong, sure it won't be the last either :)

Just wait until you are married then and only then will you will find out how often you are wrong! :eek:

86brick said:

It's O.K., were only human :)
Byron does have a white Skylark although I don't know if he got it new or what year it is. Mid 80's maybe :confused:

441120 said:
Fun on a Friday night...

A new background for me too! Very cool pic. I especially like seeing the stock in dash LED tach and boost guage at full mast, hehehe.

I too am in the long time Turbo Buick owner's club. I bought an 86 T Type in May of 1986 and then an 87 T in Nov of 1990 that I still own today (the 87 replaced the 86 when it got T-boned while I was going through a traffic light in it back in Oct 1990). I remember seeing bunches of Turbo Buicks sitting on dealer lots back then, and how different they were under the hood from any other car I had ever seen. To be honest, I had a hard time figuring out how the engine even ingested any air through that maze of pipes, LOL. I also remember the seeing a couple of GNX's in showroom windows, they were quite a sight. Very bad a$$ for back then (for nowadays too for that matter). Ahhhh, the good old days.....

Wow! that car is beutiful! I had a 84 turbo the same color. What kind of shape is the int. in? Do you have any pics of the inside?

Turbobuick2 said:
Wow! that car is beutiful! I had a 84 turbo the same color. What kind of shape is the int. in? Do you have any pics of the inside?

No interior pics yet car is buried in the garage, will post when she comes back out.

Attachments

• Buick T 110i.JPG
    Buick T 110i.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 213