Bob Bailey two step

deleonl

N.S.D.Q
Guys,

Need some advice. I recently purchased a Bob Bailey’s two step and I’m having some issues. Does the two step only work with a stock ignition control module and coil pack for the GNs? I ask this because my GN has a 1995+ series II ignition control module and coils. See pic:

The issue I’m getting is that when I set my trigger to 3000 with full cut and I rev the car up and it will reach 3200 ish then start to pop but shortly after my service light comes on. If I back off and try again the two step doesn’t engage. I have to shut the car off and restart which will turn the service light off but I’m back at square one again. Everything is connected correctly per the instructions. I’m thinking the reason for this is the fact I have a different ICM and coil pack? Please advise..

Attachments

• ICM.jpg
    ICM.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 128
you need a stock magnavox ign module coil pack setup
the Type II ign module doesnt have a seperate coil power , the stock magnavox Type 1 does .. so when the 2step cuts power its only supposed to be cutting the coil power , on the Type II it cuts all power and the module is shut down and looses its place as to where the crank was when power comes back

Last edited:
Thanks pacecarta, really appreciate the feedback. Looks like I will be in the market for a new magnavox ign module coil pack setup.

Would you mind telling me about your car and the setup? -and what made you want a two step? Curious

Nothing special, I have stock heads with a port/polish work, upgraded internals, 66bb turbo, 70mm tb, cam, fmic, ls1 maf, ride tech in all four corners, huge rear sway bar mild tranny work, 3200 stall. Wanted to play and learn with a two step. Im still working on changing over my coil pack from II/I.