You can type here any text you want

Body bushings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo_D

Hey guys,

I saw a complete set of GM body bushings on one of the websites a couple months ago and now I can't find them. I looked on kirban's and cotton's but no dice. Anybody know who carries them?

The buick has always been leaning to the driver's side since I have owned it, so I figured it was a good excuse to replace the body bushings and get it perfectly straight on the frame.

I have those in my car. Kirban and GBodyparts still sell the original GM ones which equal a softer ride and less vibration. The polys are fine especially if you plan on racing it alot. If yours are worn or missins a few like the all were from the factory then either make for a big improvement. Add the two GNX bushings also. A quick search you give you diagrams as to where they go.

I have those in my car. Kirban and GBodyparts still sell the original GM ones which equal a softer ride and less vibration. The polys are fine especially if you plan on racing it alot. If yours are worn or missins a few like the all were from the factory then either make for a big improvement. Add the two GNX bushings also. A quick search you give you diagrams as to where they go.

Yeah, I saw the GM ones listed a couple months ago but no more. They were about 3 times as expensive though :D

hello people; Speaking of body bushings. My car is still at cottons and should be ready soon but I was having the GNX rears done and it was suggested to do all with the poly ones. But be careful if your going to do it as with mine there was enough rot that the bushings had nothing to sit to the body with.
So they weld in a large steel washer to correct this. I hav'nt seen the work but it was said it's a common problem and they do it all the time. Not all of them just a few. Be ready for more fun and mo money.
IBBY

I'd recommend the poly bushings. Cheaper, perhaps stiffer, but I doubt anyone can tell the difference as far as ride harshness or whatever the imagined complaint about stiffer bushings is. I did the energy suspension set in the past. I had no rust, so installation was problematic. I did try it once on a northern car. Working my way from rear to front, after I ripped out part of the floor, under the rear seat trying to get the rusty bushing bolt loose, I quit and got rid of that POS.

Attachments

• Picture 220.jpg
    Picture 220.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 236
I just finished mine this week. I used the poly ones from Prothane. I don't find the ride to be overly harsh. The complete set which included the number 5 GNX bushings was only $100 from Jegs. Sure beats the $260 factory ones in my opinion.

I just finished mine this week. I used the poly ones from Prothane. I don't find the ride to be overly harsh. The complete set which included the number 5 GNX bushings was only $100 from Jegs. Sure beats the $260 factory ones in my opinion.

Awesome. Didn't even think to look on Jeg's or Summit, etc. Thanks!

Back