BONE stock 87 gn questions

87gnstock

Bigger isn't better!
We just got another gn and i have a few questions about it. It has the digital dash. Boost gauge is orange light red light. What are the boost levels with these lights? The power antenna doesn't work. Any ideas on that one? And it has the stock chip but it seems to fall on its face between shifts, like it shifts too early. Any info yall could give me would be appreciated.

oh and only 12,700 miles. BONE STOCK

Don't know the boost levels on a digital dash.
Antenna.. is it stuck in the up position and is the harness (under the hood by the hinge and fender mounted sensors>>>green, grey and black wires) disconnected? If disconnected, reconnect and see if the motor runs (but not the mast)... if so the nylon insert in the antenna is busted and can be replaced. Otherwise the motor has burned out and you will need to replace. New ones are discontinued from GM and NOS is not cheap.:D
Falling flat on the shift may indicate that the throttle likage is improperly set.

Falling on it's face between shifts could be valve springs. Remember 12K miles is good but the springs are 16+ years old. Regardless, they aren't a waste of money ($40 + an installation tool). Setting the TV cable properly could help a little too.

Push the D shaped button on the TV cable linkage near the upper intake manifold and push the plastic sleeve back. Open the throttle blade to Wide open throttle and the sleeve will click into adjustment.

Also make sure your TPS is within the proper range at Idle and WOT.

If the car is bone stock, it also NEEDS a new fuel pump. Period.

The Stock Fuel pump was on its last legs when it was new.

Add ANY performance parts and the falling on its face will only get worse until the fuel pump is changed.

On the passenger side fender there is a map sensor and a few other things under a black cover.The round one is the sensor for the boost lights and I believe it is adjustable from the back via a screw.Get a boost gauge on it anyhow,those light are not a good indicator of boost levels at all.