>>>bone stock GN questions<<<

mista808

im doing a complete paint job on a 87 GN, and i want to make it look as much stock as when it rolled off the line. i need to know if the headlight and the taillight bezels were painted the same color as the car or if it is like a flat black. cuz on ebay a guy had his in a garrage since it was delivered to him from the dealership brand new and the pics he has shows the headlight bezel was a flat black. if so, that makes it easier for me cuz its 2 or 4 less things i gotta paint. and if there is, what else on the car is flat or semi-gloss black? thanks so much.

Yes they were flat black and so was the metal at the bottom of the windshield that the wiper blades rest on.

Gary

Make sure you paint the car with crappy paint, include fish-eyes and orange peel then lightly scratch the entire car with steel wool. Only then will you have an authentic looking original GN, take it from me.

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Make sure you paint the car with crappy paint, include fish-eyes and orange peel then lightly scratch the entire car with steel wool. Only then will you have an authentic looking original GN, take it from me.

nice.... i will keep that in mind when i go to paint my car...

-neil

he is being a little sarcastic there...yeah the factory paint wasn't all that great but it was pretty good until it starts to flake off like mine did...i just took my car to a quickie place for 700 bucks and it looks OK but better than factory at least...that was 3 years ago and now i am gonna take it in to a professional place and spend about 3k on the paint this time...