Boost Control

turbolc2

Mongoose
My new downpipe comes with a puck,I have Max Effort & a ported Delta Gate.The turbo (Ta61) is just a tad too much for Delta Gate which is placed in the c/ovr pipe (exhaust gas pressure is too low).I'm looking for comments from someone who has attempted to control their boost (using a puck in the downpipe) without being able to use the wastegate solenoid.I have a heavy duty(min boost 17 psi) actuator with adjustable rod,delta gate & regulator in the crossover.I'm looking at tying the actuator into the deltagate regulator in a crude attempt to modulate the boost.I will also use the orifice in the circuit.I'm certain that with the actuator rod to stock length & based on the spring pressure,the boost should not go much higher than the spring pressure before pushing the puck off the turbine housing bleeder hole.I'm just reluctant to walk away from my Max Effort.Any ideas are welcome.

Use a bleeder valve in place of the solenoid in a stock type setup ("y" hose between turbo, actuator and bleeder). Part of you deltagate setup may be a bleeder. One side of the bleeder goes to the y-hose and the other to open air. You adjust it to "bleed" off just enough air to delay the actuator movement to a higher boost.

Tom