You can type here any text you want

Boost Gauge doesnt work??????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
Finally got my TTA and noticed that the boost gauge doesn't work. New to the game so where do I start to fix this problem. It was a 2k mile drive home and it sucked not being able to test the performance but I didn't want to take the chance of overboosting the motor and possibly hurting something. Thanks in advance for your help.

Get an aftermarket one. The stocker is unreliable at best. Not something you wanna trust cramming air into the motor. As far as fixing it for that perfect show car, you'll have to take it aprt to see if it's a vaccum line, could bea filter on the solenoid, could be the needle or windings on the gauge itself.............

HTH!

I have the service manual but I could'nt find anything about the boost gauge. Where would I locate this part either under the hood or dash?

Are there any connections under the hood that should be checked first? If so where would i check. You never know if a vacuum hose blow off or something like that. Thanks

check the black plastic lines on the passenger side only two I know of that may give it a reference

Boost guage hoses

Check on the passenger side of motor by intake, there should be a vacuum line going toward winshield to a sensor. thats the boost line to sender, I've had mine pop off at times, tightly put a piece of electric tape on end, fix the prob and wont be noticable. If it didt pop off there, trace that line, checkk all ur vacuum lines in that area. Hope that helps.

Back