Boost gauge hookup

fly89gta

getting around to hook up my boost gauge...where should i run the tubing from the boost gauge to? The vac. line furthest to the back of the vac. block is for a boost gauge correct? should i just use that line?

Just "T" into the line coming off the vacuum block. Use zip ties on the hose connection ends to keep them from blowing off.

HTH..

Originally posted by 1ARUNEM
Just "T" into the line coming off the vacuum block. Use zip ties on the hose connection ends to keep them from blowing off.

HTH..

ok well here's the problem, when i get the motor the vac. line just ends, it comes off the vac. block goes passed the intake then just stops, shouldn't that be connected to something??

There should be a factory hard line running from there around to the passenger side inner fender to the MAP sensor. If there is nothing there you have a problem. Does your factory boost gauge show anything at all?

i don't have a TTA, i have a TTA motor swapped into my GTA, i don't exactly need the MAP sensor, its not hooked up to anything, i guess that's not good right? lol

I hooked my Boost Guage up to the passenger side Fender wall there is a Boost Line going there....I T-ed into it there...i get good readings....
87GN

i think caspers sells a vacum block that is tapped for a boost guage connection

Originally posted by fly89gta
i don't exactly need the MAP sensor, its not hooked up to anything, i guess that's not good right? lol
Well is the line plugged, or is it open? If it's plugged, it should be fine, but if it's open, that would be a vacuum leak.