You can type here any text you want

Boost Help???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LAMMONS0003

I have an 84 t type. Just bought car to find it had oil galley plug missing, now its replaced and i have oil pressure, I have no boost. I have no or very little exhaust leaks. I have removed vacuum lines from wastegate and reved engine with no boost. Does any one have any ideas, the impellar on the intake side does turn easily. Does anyone know what engine vacuum at idle should be???

I have an 84 t type. Just bought car to find it had oil galley plug missing, now its replaced and i have oil pressure, I have no boost. I have no or very little exhaust leaks. I have removed vacuum lines from wastegate and reved engine with no boost. Does any one have any ideas, the impellar on the intake side does turn easily. Does anyone know what engine vacuum at idle should be???

You won't get any boost sitting in the driveway reving the motor. Take it out and drive it. :)

Like Mike said, the engine needs to be loaded to make boost. Put it in gear and step on the brake to hold it, then hit the gas pedal. That's the only way to do it unless you drive it.

I have tried tried the brake method as well as went as far as chaining it to a lift in my garage to slightly load the engine. All it does is fall on its face. Has anyone had issues with the waste gate no sealing properly or cat thats plugged as this car had been sitting for 3 years before i purchased it ? I understand that this is a mechanical wastegate if exhaust is flowing thru it there should be no option but to make boost.

Take the cat off and see if it helps. It may be clogged up, but I think you have another issue here.

Back