boost off at 15 psi?

87gnstock

Bigger isn't better!
I just got my gn back from the shop. They installed ajustable wastegate, new fuel pump, adj fuel pressure regulator, a jay carter chip, k&n filter and new maf pipe. When i get to 15 psi it sounds like there is a leak and then the turbo shuts off. I put a red's chip in and it did the same thing so it is not the chip. Anyone have any ideas?

already checked all of those man. Tight as they can be. 5 psi 10 psi it is fine 15+ it looses all the boost. Could it be the ajd wastegate they just put on?

What do you mean the boost "shuts off"?
You mean it doesn't go any higher?
That's normal 15-16 lbs boost is about the normal stock setting.

it makes a sound like ssssssssssss like it is loosing psi and then it goes back down. They jay carter chip is programmed to go to 17 or 18 psi. But if i get one hair past 15 psi it goes psssssssss and my boost goes back down to zero.

Do you have a blow off valve?

Sounds like a leak, I had the exact thing and found the plenum was leaking due to my new spacer.

It sounds exactly like i have a blow off valve but i don't. Anyone know what this could be? It only happens 15psi+ 5 and 10 psi is fine 15 is even fine. But when i get a little past 15 it sounds like i have a blowoff vavle and i loose all my boost.

Possible split in a hose or the bottom of one is not on good enough and blowing out at 15psi. and leaking.

I had the same problem check the bottom of the hose and the clamps again on all the intercooler and up-pipe hoses.

Made an excellent wastegate for my car, excepting I was trying to run 18psi. at the time. :(

did yours work fine on 5 and 10 and 15 psi but then 15+ it lost all of it's pressure and sounded like a blowoff valve?

Well mine made a perfect 15psi. wastegate but not too much noise at 15psi. Lots of other noises to contend with didn't really hear all the boost leaking out.

Since blow off valves aren't common to our cars I wouldn't know what one sounded like.

I don know someone else found the problem in the intercooler hose and I was :) again.

got problem fixed was boost control solenoid so we just bypassed it lol thanks for the help though guys

Salvage,
On my turbo talon it sounds like:

Vroooooooooooom, EEK, Vrooooooooooom, SQUEEEEK, Vrooo

I think you get the idea. ;)