You can type here any text you want

boost on the line part 2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spoon

V6 VETTE
Well see if anyone can answer this one. I just installed a new convertor Art Carr 9" 3600stall. And now the car will brake stall to about 3200 and still no boost. Why is this, does anyone have this problem out there. I have see others running the TA-49 and being able to hold anywhere from 5 to 18psi of boost on the line. What is the deal is it possible that my wastegate could be causing this. I am running an ATR external unit would this be my problem. Or am I really getting boost and my aftermarket gauge is reading wrong. Don't know and could use some help.

If the converter is loose, it can go to 3200 and not have any boost. Typically..rule of thumb.. stall is measured at like 3 PSI boost. So your rpm's would need to go to 3 PSI to get 3600.

Now if you get to zero PSI and it wont go any higher without creeping forward... your brakes have issues. Simple as that.

Car creeps forward.. brakes. RPM's stay stuck at a certain point..wont climb.. then its converter.

Like if you put on a real big turbo with a stock converter.. as soon as the boost tries to come up..it stays at a certain PSI and wont climb pedal mashed... but car not moving.

Easy.. sort off. :D

thanks i will keep working at it. do you think it would just be the pads or do i have a bigger problem, booster or master cylinder

Sorry bud, my TTA crystal ball is broken :D .Start changing parts till the problem is fixed.

Back