You can type here any text you want

Boost question among other things

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JCSTTA

USAF
My TTA only pulls 11-12 psi of boost and you have to put it almost to the floor before it starts building (car is totally stock)? Is this how it is supose to be? Also this is my first turbo car so were do I start getting more? I would like to be able to pull 18 or so without breaking anything. The car has 140k on it so I'm planning on chaning the springs and putting a chain on it very soon. Also would it be a good idea to change the cam just incase it has rounded? Please ignore my ignorance. I just came from a ls1 and nothing is even close to the same. Are there any good tech sites or books to get??
thanks

Spring cleaning is in order to start with. I would also do a compression and leakdown test. Is it that it's spooling slow or falling on it's face at 11 psi. If it's the latter could be a very good indication of valve springs. If it's spooling slow I'd look into the wastegate puck not sealing.

A good fuel pump is a must. Go to www.gnttype.org it'll give you a nice starting plan and the stickies and previous threads here help a ton.

A good fuel pump and a scan tool is a must. Also, don't get too caught up in changing/adding a lot of mods all at once. It has been my experience that adding several mods at once and/or making a lot of changes will result in a poor performing car that is difficult to tune (maybe this is just my bad luck?). I have learned to make one small change at a time...then I take the car for a drive and make certain that the numbers (on the scan tool) and the performance is good. We have only owned our TTA for a year, so I am not an expert...I am still learning.

Just watch this board and follow the tips on www.gnttype.org and you should do fine. I live fairly close to you and I know there is a decent group of GN guys in St. Louis (checkout the Midwest Section of this board). If you ever have questions, need to borrow parts, etc..., just let me know.

Back