Boost Spike--Getting Knock

BASS

Ok, I finally figured out why im getting knock, I "think". I noticed that I randomly get knock either when I punch the gas from a stop or sometimes when Im already in 3rd or 4th gear..I noticed that my boost is spiking past 16 psi when Im getting this knock, and im only on 93 octane, so obviously this seems to be the culprit.

I have an adj. wastegate and am using the stock wastegate solenoid (which is fairly new that I got from Kirbans a while back). I set the rod to 15 psi, and thats what I usually see on my boost gauge at WOT (with low-mid 800s O2s).

How do I prevent this boost spike? Should I just get a manual boost controller like Q-Boost and just bypass the wastegate solenoid?? Is there less chance for boost spike with a boost controller?? :confused:

I know I can take the alky route right now, but Ill have to just wait for that down the road for now...

A mbc will allow you to adjust your boost without tightening the wastegate rod. This should make it a little more responsive. IMO it would be a good idea. If that doesn't work you could port the wastegate hole but you shouldn't need to do that. HTH. james