You can type here any text you want

Boost-vs-timing TC lockup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Purdom

BLACK SABBATH
Hey guys, would like some input from those of you who have done some experimenting in this relm. My mods are listed below.

First, I have 2 chips made by a local who, along with his partner have a couple of mid to low 9 second cars. I don't question their ability to make these cars scream. But I also know there is more than one approach to going fast with these cars, some a little safer, some more on the ragged edge.

My chips are a 26 degree street, 28 degree strip. No matter where I end up, I want two chips, as I'm running a 100 oct Xylene/93 mix on the street, and will run 116 on the track.

I want to run 24/26# on the strip w/116 octane. I will run whatever I can get away with on the street w/the 100 octane.

I have been told by many that my 26/28 degree chips seem too aggressive for the amt of boost that I want to run. Others say that a little less boost, a little more timing makes the most hp. Opinions based on experience, please?

Secondly, as you will see from my set-up below, I have 009 (42.5 lb) injectors. The car has run 11.92 @115 @21# of boost. I would like to get to low 11's. My question here is, will the 009's get me there, and at what fuel pressure? (@24/26# of boost) (BTW, a similar injector sizing question on this site started a very ugly flaming thread between two seemingly knowledgeable gentleman. I will appreciate and respect all opinons voiced here, and am willing to do some testing to quantify. Please respect each other, or at least save the flames for private email) I will monitor O2 values/knock w/an OTC 2000)

Also, I have installed a 9" converter w/a 12" Kevlar clutch. It seems to come back on the converter after shifting to 3rd, and I think it would benefit from locking the converter in 3rd. I would like to lock it around 75 to 85 mph. Can this be accomplished thru chip programming? If so, can you ask for such a feature when ordering a Thrasher chip?

Back