You can type here any text you want

Boost with E85?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larry33kc

I took the beast out the other night to log a run to get my tune a little closer since it was cooler (about 45deg out) any way I jump on it and made my run. When I looked over my log I see I was running at 18#'s of boost, the weird thing is it has always been at 15#'s before. I haven't touched anything other than switching to E85.

Could the switch to E85 bump my boost up, or maybe the cold air, or both, or ?

TIA Larry

I remember some guys saying the turbo built boost quicker on E85, and the car felt more responsive, so maybe the extra fuel, etc upped your boost a little bit? Tell you for sure in a few days, my E85 chip from Eric should be here today or tomorrow. ;)

I remember some guys saying the turbo built boost quicker on E85, and the car felt more responsive, so maybe the extra fuel, etc upped your boost a little bit? Tell you for sure in a few days, my E85 chip from Eric should be here today or tomorrow. ;)

FYI I got my chip from Eric yesterday, put it in and filled up with E85. Did a few test runs and my boost rose from 15 to 20. Yours could be cold air, or chip/E85.

Are you finding e-85 easily around kc? I wanna switch from alchy and premium but cant seem to locate convenient stations south of kc that carry e-85. Are you using it from the pump or ordering drums?

I am buying it from the power company fuel station in Kearney mo. That is the only place I have found it

Back