You can type here any text you want

BOP in Bremerton

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
Anybody going?
Dennis should have his new combo and trying for low 9,s or high 8,s:D I talked to the guy that runs around Everett with the black 62 Vett that owns that weird looking alterd Comet. He will be there and i asked if he would race me sense he will be there:cool: Ive always wanted to race that Vett because it has the #1 in the window and is fast on the street ive heard:) I wont race him on the street but id love to at the track with either car;)
His wife gave me hell one time because i told a friend my car is faster than both of those cars:) She didnt like it much when i told her ive been in the 9,s. I told her im here and your here, lets run and she had nothing to say. I was running 10 teens and they were running 10.7,s.. He says he will race me if he gets time because he races the pro street stuff..Seem to be a alright guy and hope to race them;) If i get him on the track i might have to race him on the Boeing freeway and see how bad i loose on the street:cool: ============================== Tire spin with my 12.5 et streets and hook with his 33X17.5 meats:eek:

62 Vette

Hey Geno,

Haven't talked to you since the Kirban deal back in June I think. Anyways, I saw that vette run a Super Chevy show back in '88 - (dang now I now I'm starting to feel like I'm tacking on the year's ;) ). He ran an 11.00 back then but I've heard that it now runs 8's on sqeeze w/a Sonny Leonard motor, then again that guy been out cruzin Everett since the mid-70's so who really knows.

Back in the 80's I remember there was a guy (worked at Boeing) from Arlington who owned a red Vega w/a 468 it was a featured car in Super Chevy Magazine. I was down at SIR one time with a buddy to watch the Friday night pro-street deal when this thing ran an 8.90 on the motor after getting sideways at half track :eek:

Word had it back then that the Vette or the Comet wouldn't run the Vega since they were only in the 10's - still dang fast for a street car.

If you do run em on the Boeing 1/4 mile I'm cheering for you - ah crap I'm Buick biased anyways :cool:

Mike

When i talked to him at Burgermaster friday nite he said the Vett has run a best of 10 flat:) The Comet has a smaller motor and is closer to mid 10,s and he will be running in the 10.50 dial in class.

Hey Clayton you ready to turn up the GN;)
Here is the link to Bremerton and another link i use that you can find any race track in the country..Hope to see some guys from Canada there:)

Sept 13 6th Annual BUICK, OLDSMOBILE, PONTIAC Drags Sponsored by HIATT PONTIAC GMC TRUCK CENTER/NW Pro Street Meet #6/Cascade Drag Bike Series #4

http://www.bremertonraceway.com/

http://chasinracin.com/track-locator/

I would like to make it out to an event like that, I just don't know if my work schedule will allow it or not. We'll have to see how it goes.

I have a few more bugs to work out of my car but I hope to run it in the next couple of weeks. :D

Geno
I understand that Dennis went with 160 lb fuel injectors :rolleyes:

Who plans on spending some quality time with those babies ?

Todd runs those on his engine ONLY because he also runs a 200 dry shot. It took him a long time to get those things civilized and driveable.
Dale

He told me you were LOL:) :)
I sure hope he doesnt think im going to baby sit that new combo:eek: He needs to ask his buddy Darrell to help:D
He spent some major bucks with PTE for upgrading the box,new turbo,injectors and im sure Harry will help out some. Also ive introduced Dennis to Cal Hartline and Dave Fiscus and maybe they can help also:)

Does having your balls out make your car go faster;)
Hope to see you lay down a good number:)

I live in Bremerton, but I don't have a TR, I own a `80 Cutlass Calais...

But I will be there without my car this year (same as last year!) hanging out with a few fast Oldsmobiles (Red 67 Cutlass, Blue 70 Cutlass, Grey 68 Cutlass, Blue 65 Jetstar)

Next year I will have my Cutlass there, and POSSIBLY my wifes Benz.....

Ryan

Originally posted by Spdrcer34
I live in Bremerton, but I don't have TR, I own a `80 Cutlass Calais...

But I will be there without my car this year (same as last year!) hanging out with a few fast Oldsmobiles (Red 67 Cutlass, Blue 70 Cutlass, Grey 68 Cutlass, Blue 65 Jetstar)

Next year I will have my Cutlass there, and POSSIBLY my wifes Benz.....

Ryan

Is the '69 a 380SL? Also I have another complete turbo motor and wirining harness to put in your Olds!!

Frank

It's a 250S.....the small (light-er) sedan.
It currently has a TH-350 in there now, and 3.90 gears..I think it spun a rod.....I dunno, I'm getting it rebuilt, put in a new cam, and add a 4bbl. After the motor is done, I'll get a 200-4R to put in there, and re-do the custom X-member, maybe I can re-route the exhaust with the x-member moved?

I actually have a Olds 350 Engine in the Cutlass, but I do have a few TR parts in there, including my rear-end it's a 8.5" 3.42 Posi, and I'm waiting on my Gas tank to arrive so I can delete my Mech. fuel pump.
I have also added the Trunk X-braces sold by Postons.

I am about to pick up an `84 Limited for cheap, it runs and all but if I can swap in a 3.8L Turbo, I will......how much for the engine?

Ryan

Re: Re: BOP in Bremerton

Originally posted by rastaz
I'm planning on going. I'm going to bring the GN and just run it in street trim. :D

Rob,

Glad to here that your coming down again this side of the border. We should return the favor and come up north. Seems like only Geno makes the trip on a regular basis. Anyways this will be the first time that I've seen the GN. The past two TT in Woodburn we all witnessed the mighty TTA.

See you there! :)

Frank

Back